Question

What to do with the data after inserted in GainSight? (i need some direction here)

• 28 June 2018
  • 2 replies

I ́m using Bulk API to extract data from a CSV file, put it in a MDA Object to get this data thru Bionic Rules and....i ́m trapped!

I need to track licences usage, so basically in this CSV file we have 5 important fields:

Client (e.g. Dell)

Product (e.g Avast licences)

Licences sold (e.g 200)

Active licences (100)

Usage % (50)

Client (e.g. Dell)

Product (e.g Office licences)

Licences sold (e.g 500)

Active licences (100)

Usage % (20)

So, i need track if our clients are using all of they licences, if not i need to warn(email?) the CSM that certain client is using only half of what they bought, so they need some kind of atention.

What is the best way to do it?

Maybe create a CTA to send email to CSM when some of this clients has low usage?

Create scorecards to CSM keep looking dayli (i think the CTA thing is more automatic/human free)?

Well, i ́m new at GainSight and i ́ve been learning a lot theses days but now i need some kind of direction here please

2 replies

Hey Ricardo!  

Yes, you can certainly use the data in the MDA object to create Risk (low Usage 😵 or Opportunity interactions (high Usage % - potential expansion).

I would recommend a couple of routes:

1) Create CTAs via bionic rules to notify a CSM whenever the Risk/Opportunity threshold has been reached to prompt follow-up.

2) Create a report to include on the C360 to list all products and the licenses associated with each.

3) Create a Dashboard that lists Risk/Opportunity CTAs that have been generated as well as a larger, portfolio view of account license usage.

Let me know if you have more questions on the approach for any of the above?  Thanks and good luck!

Tim
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Hi Ricardo,

In addition to Tim's excellent suggestions, you could also leverage this data to influence a new scorecard measure (e.g. Usage 😵, create custom adoption/awareness Programs in Journey Orchestrator for low usage % customers, identify potential advocates/references opportunities for high usage % customers, identify potential Sales opportunities for customers that do not own certain products, build custom reports to track increase/decrease of usage over time even by product, and include this data as important insights on the C360.  

Best of luck!

Link