Add Help Text When Not Including Account ID in Rule

Related products: None

In the August release, we now don't require Account ID to be in the show section of rules. My suggestion is to add some form of messaging or help text reminding users what this means. For example, the system allows you to proceed to the action but then only allows Load to SFDC or MDA. Some soft of disclaimer saying [i]why[i] and [i]how to fix if you want to create a CTA, set score, etc. would be helpful. 

I've seen this come up as a question for people who are used to the old rules engine that wouldn't let you proceed, which almost acted as a reminder. It would also help new users to Gainsight understand the how/why in rules.
I agree, I have had a few tickets come in wondering why they aren't seeing all of the possible actions in the rule setup when they forgot to add the account id.
Great idea, Joe. I just had a customer today who was having trouble because she was using the wrong Account ID in the show field. The action she needed was "Load to customers", but she was only seeing "Load to SFDC" and "Load to MDA" as her options. If she had some help text on that menu, that might've helped her resolve the issue quicker and realize she needed to get the correct ID in there.
We can, but that will be one additional click even after you have learnt it. Do you miss adding account ID even after few days?

We can have a help text in action scree near the drop to explain why they see only two actions.
Agreed, additional click may become a nuisance so help text should be good!
Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the suggestion. We are working on enhancing the usability of Rules Engine , which includes adding help text and information at many places. 

This can surely be one. I will keep you updated on the same.

Thanks,

Jitin