Solved

Co-Pilot Power List: Criteria dependent on a prior email outreach

• 2 December 2015
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Is there a way to include critera in a Power List to only fire when a previous outreach was successfully triggered?

For example, I have a nurture email that I want to send based on a usage trigger, however I don't want that email to be sent unless the customer has previously received a "Welcome to Customer Success" email triggered via another Power List outreach.  basically don't want the 2nd email to precede the first.
icon

Best answer by allie_gold 16 May 2016, 16:36

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Jeff,

You need to create a new powerlist which looks similar to this

Derive list of contacts from Matrix Data > Email Logs > Contact ID 

Which meets the following criteria: 

Batch name = [original Outreach name] 

Sent = 1 

Hard Bounced = 0 

Unsubscribed = 0

For each contact who got the email from Original outreach will get this email. Does this work?
Badge +1
That is helpful, thank you!
Badge
Jeff - depending on the logic you need in your nurture powerlist...You may benefit from using Sundar's logic above in rule to mark specific contacts in SFDC as "welcomed" on the contact record. (could be a boolean field titled welcomed)

This gives you a lot more flexibility in the logic you can use in your nurture powerlist (as you won't need Email logs as your source object), you could simply set filter on contact "welcomed=true".

*this process would mean - custom field on the contact, as well as permissions to update the contact record with a Gainsight rule.

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Sundar - I am trying out your suggestion here, but it does not look like I can pull in fields from the Account or Customer Info objects so I am limited in my ability to segment this outreach.  Do you have any suggestions?
Userlevel 5
You cannot use Account / Customer Info fields because Email logs is stored in our NO-SQL data store and cannot be joined with Account / Customer objects. We are in design phase to get this resolved. Will keep this thread updated when I have some ETA.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
At one point we had some of these fields available (see screenshot) but now they are no longer there.  I opened a support ticket on this.

Userlevel 5
Are you talking about the CSM Segment an Name field?

I assume these are custom fields that is created on Email logs and probably populated by Rules with latest info.
Badge
We also would love this. We want to sent out a second email after 3 days to a customer if the customer didn't click the URL in the first copilot email that we sent out. Any suggestions on a work-around for this?

We also can use SFDC email templates as a work-around, but I'm not sure that the matrix data will pull SFDC email template Clicked URL information on the previous Copilot-sent email. 

1. We send out first email via copilot to Primary contact role on account.

2. Customer (primary contact) does not click the URL in the button within our email within 3 days.

3. We want to send out reminder email after those 3 days to the customer that did not click the URL. We also want to send this reminder email to the Primary contact (in the contact roles section of the account level) in the account - which means we'll also have to create a lookup field for "Primary" contact role.

Thoughts?

Allie