Customer Goals: Associate with Objectives

Related products: CS Other Features

We are recreating our business review program by moving away from individual CTAs and instead having CSMs use a lifecycle Success Plan to accomplish all tasks within the year. Luckily Gainsight has come right on time with Customer Goals. However, while trying to test out how this would work for our team we noticed that to associate a goal you cannot choose an objective, only a CTA or Success plan. 

Having the objective associated with the goal would make it easier to track when there are multiple goals created in a single success plan. The progress would match up with the goals instead of seeing “1 of 5” you would see the appropriate % to the closed tasks.

We’re rolling this out soon as well!  Would like to understand the hierarchy of Goals, Success Plans, CTAs, Objectives, and Tasks to understand the best way to manage.  I agree with @rhenry that associating a Goal with an Objective to show percentage completion would be ideal 

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

Wasn’t posted as an Idea, but this was brought up in the beta as well: 

@Anil Raj Pujari @mpatra is there any timeline on this? Not being able to associate to objectives is a pretty big blocker.

Hi @bradley ,

We are working on enabling this right now. I will keep this thread updated with the release dates.

Thanks,

Monica Patra

No StatusIN DEVELOPMENT

@mpatra any update on release timing?

@mpatra I’m interested in getting a ballpark idea of when you’re targeting GA for this item.  We’re looking into revamping our Success Planning process. If this is targeting the next quarter update, then I’ll hold off. If we’re talking a year out, then I don’t think I can wait for it.

@anirbandutta may you help us get a target ETA on this?

It’s very hard to share even a ballpark with some of these items till the time something does not get locked in for the Release and even then things can shift… lemme try to get a sense of where we are at with this.

Nothing yet… we will update the thread when things solidify a little more.

Hi @darkknight ,

This is also something we are taking up along with the Admin Redesign project. It is under development. We are going to send out communication for Beta soon. We thank you for your patience with the Admin Redesign Project. I will keep this thread updated once we have the Beta Communication out.

Thanks,

Monica Patra

@mpatra I’ve seen you post this: 

on several recent posts, and reference a beta. Do you mean there are a number of features (this and success plan template cloning) wrapped in a single beta? Or are there going to be a cornucopia of betas coming out soon?

Hi @bradley ,

We are rebuilding the entire Admin experience for Cockpit and Success Plans.

We have taken a lot of feedback from the community and then built out a new experience based on that. It will be a single Beta where you will be able to test out the new admin experience.

This would include:

1. Whole new admin experience for Cockpit and Success Plan
  2. Allowing other CTA Types in Success Plans (This will also remove the restriction of Objective CTA not being able to be added to Customer Goals)
  3. Overall simplification of the data model and admin flows.

We are still working out the Beta dates for this as it is a huge project. I will keep this thread updated as soon as I have some dates.

Thanks,

Monica

Hi @bradley ,

We are rebuilding the entire Admin experience for Cockpit and Success Plans.

We have taken a lot of feedback from the community and then built out a new experience based on that. It will be a single Beta where you will be able to test out the new admin experience.

This would include:

1. Whole new admin experience for Cockpit and Success Plan
  2. Allowing other CTA Types in Success Plans (This will also remove the restriction of Objective CTA not being able to be added to Customer Goals)
  3. Overall simplification of the data model and admin flows.

We are still working out the Beta dates for this as it is a huge project. I will keep this thread updated as soon as I have some dates.

Thanks,

Monica

Thanks for the update! Look forward to hearing/seeing more :)

hi @mpatra , are you able to share any further updates on a timeline for these enhancements?