US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) – 11/5/19, 1 pm PDT - Pre-session Thread

• 4 November 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our weekly Tuesday Admin Office Hours session, which will be held this coming Tuesday, Nov. 5, 2019 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (GoTo Meeting):

Tuesday, Nov. 5, 2019 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/493151677

You can also dial in using your phone.

United States: +1 (872) 240-3412

Access Code: 493-151-677

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I expect this will be a quick question …. I have a request to update renewal date field values in our Customer Info object when certain criteria are met.  I know I can use the Rules Engine to do this.  These fields however do get updated by a job of some kind that I suspect resides and runs in SFDC.  I believe that to be the case because I don’t see any Rules in GS that point to the target object / fields.

How do I go about confirming a) if the fields are indeed sourced from a SFDC job and b) if so, verify the details of that job?  Is that a question I need to direct to my SFDC Admins?

Before I implement a Gainsight Rule, I need to fully understand all jobs that are also writing to the same fields to avoid breaking anything. 

Thx.

JJ

Hi! I have a quick question about the timing of the “send in x days” on my program for our NPS survey. I wanted to confirm that the number of days I have entered between the heads up email and the nps survey are what I want, as well as to confirm what time of day these things will be deployed. Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Posting the link to the recorded session from this office hours!

https://transcripts.gotomeeting.com/#/s/23b11158bf3c00da18b5a15a2379503eb0c97f071906e277b44e539d16350576

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Follow-up for @clare.wallace to your questions during this office hours session.

I have confirmed that when you select a wait period of “x” days, the next step will occur x-days times 24 hours after the event before the “conditional wait” or “set timer” widget on your program flow chart.

In other words, 2 days = exactly 48 hours after the previous step, 3 days = 36 hours, etc.

Hope that helps you finish setup of your Program for launch!