US Admin Office Hours (Thursday session) - 01/23/20 - 11 a.m. PT - Pre-session Thread

• 22 January 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our weekly Thursday Admin Office Hours session, which will be held this coming Thursday, Jan. 23, 2020 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (GoTo Meeting):

Thursday, Jan. 23, 2020 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/493151677

You can also dial in using your phone.

United States: +1 (872) 240-3412

Access Code: 493-151-677

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

HI - we are building a rule to combine our contacts and related contacts and seeing lots of duplication

Hello - 

We are trying to enable the timeline sync between our Gainsight and Salesforce instances, and so far I am not seeing any reflection of tasks or activities in the other application (either way). I would like some help setting this up or help understanding the limitations of the functionality. Would you be able to help me walk through this setup?

If there is time, we’d also like to sync our contacts - so far we have Salesforce contacts syncing to Gainsight person, but I have not found a built-in way to make contacts created in GS automatically sync to Salesforce. I would like some advice on how we might accomplish this. 

Thanks!

Stephanie

Hello, 

Looking to understand Gainsight’s best practices with depricating and creating a new updated Success Plan Template. 

Use Case: Our Account Executives document in a 2019 template that is getting updated for 2020, we need to inactivate or hide the 2019 template from being selected, but do not want to loose the data by deleting it. 

I don’t want to update the 2019 template with the changes because it will then be modified. If i delete the 2019 template from the back end table, does it wipe out the 2019 success plans that are still active OR completed in which the template was used?

Is there anything you are aware of on the road map for having a “hide” or inactivate setting? This would be helpful when you are waiting for an organizational release date to make a feature available, in the use case above where you are depricating a template. 

Thank you!

Shiela

Hello, 

We have created a rule that collects together some timeline statistics for each CSM and want to present it in a pivot but cannot work out how to do it 

We need to count the number of entries with and without a field checked and then present it in a stacked bar chart. 

thanks

Chris

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Some belated follow-up for @sseybert re: Salesforce Activities-to-Gainsight Timeline sync options - the good news is that the delay in getting you some information came from the fact that this is available as a feature in the brand-new 6.10 January release!

Go here for the release notes section that provides the overview, and there’s a link there for the more detailed documentation as well:

https://support.gainsight.com/SFDC_Edition/Timeline/Admin_Guides/Integrate_Salesforce_Activities_in_Gainsight_Timeline

See my screenshot below as well for where this config has been added to the Administration menus.  Hopefully that’s plenty to get you started with setup - feel free to jump on another office hours if you hit any issues!

Scott

Thank you @sdrostgainsightcom for the follow up! This is super helpful.