Admin Office Hours - January 21, 2014

• 15 January 2016
  • 5 replies

This thread is for the Admin Office Hours session for January 21sh, 2016.  Submit your questions to this thread and we'll add them to our topics list below!

To register for this session, please click here.

Current Topic List:

• Email templates in rules engine
Post session, we will update this article with a summary of answered questions and link portions of the video for those who could not attend.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
We are working to setup emails to be sent via the rules engine. However, after creating the email template in Copilot, it is not an option to be selected when we create the action of the rule. If I remember correctly, I might have to setup something in SFDC, but I would like a little more guidance.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Gainsight Email functionality in the Rules Engine works with Salesforce templates. If you want to use CoPilot templates, you should create Outreaches (sends the Email Template you created out to the configured Power List).
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Manu, Power Lists work great until you want to send an email around a change in data. We are running into the issue that what we would like to trigger emails live in MDA, but contact info lives in SFDC. This causes both of these options to not work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I would love to have more explanation on data management.  When does it make sense to create a new field on a SFDC object vs a Gainsight MDA object?  What are the steps (if any) to make a new field created on an MDA object available to rules engine and reporting?
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Makes sense, Lane. There are some gaps we have to close there. The alternative is to use Gainsight Email Service in the Rules Engine, in conjunction with email templates created in Salesforce.

Video: https://support.gainsight.com/hc/en-us/articles/209350778-Overview-of-Gainsight-Email-Service-9-min-...

Article: https://support.gainsight.com/hc/en-us/articles/204443717-Gainsight-Email-Templates-with-Tokens-non-...