Disable sharing of all success plans/objectives to external users.

Related products: CS Cockpit & Playbooks

Hi Team,

Splunk‍ is having a use case where they are looking for the options/ability to disable sharing of all success plans/objectives to external users.

Currently we can do this only at individual success plan level only.

It is not uncommon for organizations to have security reviews around mechanisms allowing the sharing of data. The fact that there is no way for an admin to disable sharing en mass in a meaningful way could pose a risk. It is bizarre to say the least that it is only manageable on an individual success plan level.

@anirbandutta Can we get PM eyes on this ASAP?  This is a big problem and a potential security risk to leave it in the hands of the individual users whether or not SP should be shared externally.

I have ”Enable Sharing with Persons” disabled on ALL of my Plan Info sections in a Success Plan Type layout:

However, when it is shared with an external Person, the sections still show up:

This is a major security issue!!

@anirbandutta man, I wish it’s possible to delete comments 😫

Major blunder on MY part.  I did not realize a test user had been created with the same email address.  And that’s why the data values still showed up. 

I still contend having a way to completely disable sharing at the Type level is valid. 

We are working on admin control to enable/disable users from sharing success plan (across all success plan types). It is part of the medium term roadmap. 

Just coming on here hoping to reinforce the need to have the option to omit all objectives from being shared when sharing as Success Plan. 

@Anil Raj Pujari checking to see if there is any update on this?

@mpatra could you pl take a look at this request.

@mpatra also is there any way to disable tagging Persons in Success Plan Comments?

Gainsight needs to stop deciding for every customer that they are ready to share things externally. These external sharing features can be valuable, no doubt, but only when your organization has achieved a level of maturity where you can ensure teams know what’s appropriate to share/not share - not to mention when the features have been properly vetted by and received approval from in-house security teams.

These features need to be controlled by admins and remain OFF until your customers decide when it’s appropriate to start using the within their own environments. 

End Rant.

+1 on disabling external sharing being an Admin option, rather than available to CSMs.

Hi,

There are a few requests on this thread:

1. To allow admins to disable sharing of Success Plans en-mass.
    1. We can disable this now with a support ticket. We are working on surfacing this setting for admins.
  2. To share Success Plans without objectives.
    1. Here I would like to understand the use case of sharing a success plan without the objectives.
  3. Disable tagging Persons in Success Plan Comments 
    1. We can disable the entire feature with a support ticket. But I will be taking the feedback of allowing admins to disable just the external users from Comments. Do you think this will be different for different Success Plan types? 

Thanks,

Monica

No StatusUnder Consideration

Hi,

There are a few requests on this thread:

1. To allow admins to disable sharing of Success Plans en-mass.
    1. We can disable this now with a support ticket. We are working on surfacing this setting for admins.
  2. To share Success Plans without objectives.
    1. Here I would like to understand the use case of sharing a success plan without the objectives.
  3. Disable tagging Persons in Success Plan Comments 
    1. We can disable the entire feature with a support ticket. But I will be taking the feedback of allowing admins to disable just the external users from Comments. Do you think this will be different for different Success Plan types? 

Thanks,

Monica

Hi Monica - Glad to see you are looking into this!

1. I opened a support ticket hoping they could help me disable external sharing for an entire success plan type. We have certain plan types which are not intended to ever be shared externally, and, while we can remove each section individually, the ‘EXTERNAL’ tag is still visible at the top of the plan even if all sections have sharing turned off.
  1. As to your question whether there could be different requirements for different success plan types, I’d say ‘Yes’ because we have different sharing requirements from one type of success plan to the next. Ideally, the configurability asked for in this thread would be there at the success plan type level as well as potentially a global on/off level.

Any progress here?