Question

Default Value for Manually set Health Scorecards

I'm trying to create a CTA for my CSM's for a manually set scorecard so that if it isn't set 7 days after on boarding is complete.

I tried to create a rule that triggers when this particular scorecard value is NA (the CSM hasn't updated it yet) but I get 0 returns from that query, even though I know that these scorecards exist. 

I've been looking into it, and I think the reason is that when nobody updates the value, the card is never instantiated, and therefor doesn't exist in the database. I did counts of how many health scorecards each account has, and 4 of them (the four that have NA CSM Sentiment scores) only return 6 scorecards when they should have 7. 

So I'm trying to figure out what to do with this. The scorecard itself seems to be completely unsearchable, so I can't just assign it to some value to instantiate it.

I was wondering if there was some way for us to default the value of the card to 0 instead of NA, or if there was some other way that you could think of that we could search these cards and just assign them some value so that they get instantiated. Help would be much appreciated!

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
You can create a rule that initially sets to zero for all customers for the scorecard or metric - perhaps when you initially create the customer or at the point where onboarding is completed.  

The other option is to use a rule for "absence of data" - create a CTA for those accounts where the scorecard or metric does not exist.  Your rule could look for accounts where onboarding is completed 7 or more days ago and have no scorecard.

https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/Rules_Engine/Examples_and_Tutorials/Identifying_an_Absence_of_Data_via_Rules
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi Dallis, Please let us know if you need any assistance in configuring the rule.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi Dallis, Please let us know if you need any assistance in configuring the rule.