Question

Programs- prevent "Recipient Email Address from being mapped in from email section"

Badge +2

In programs while composing any email step The "From Email" section allows to select any email field which is mapped in Mapping Participant Sources section. Is there a way to prevent "Recipient Email Address" from being mapped in this section? This could potentially cause the huge issues with unintended spoofing via the external user DMARC compliance.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@Alekhya Jujjavarapu Can you provide more background to your use case? Who do you want to send emails to if not the recipient? And why don’t you map that other email to the recipient field instead?

Badge +3

Hey @alizee ! We don’t want to send emails spoofing the recipients email address as that goes against DMARC compliance, which is a big deal. We map our sender email address in order to link it to a token in the signature line, I was looking for a way to prevent the recipient email address (which is mapped in order to send the outreach in the “to:” section) from being an option in the “from email” section.

I’m trying to avoid sending a JO where the from line looks like “Kate Wigglesworth <xyz.client@clientcompany.com>”, and was hoping to remove the option to make that mistake altogether. I can’t think of a use case where someone would want to send an email which looked like it was coming from another company. 

Thank you @Alekhya Jujjavarapu for opening this community post on the back of my support ticket! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Going to +1 this as well.  I can’t think of a scenario where we would want to send someone and email from themselves… the ability to do this would instill a lack of confidence in Gainsight as an email campaign management system and likley terrify some customers, some more than others depending on industry. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@kate_wigglesworth Ah ok! Sorry didn’t gather it was as a safeguard but totally makes sense!