Make data management dropdowns available from surveys

Related products: None

Please make data management dropdowns “mappable” from survey questions. 

Most often when you run a survey, you want to populate another Gainsight object which, in case of dropdowns, already have a set list of options to pick from. 

It would be extremely helpful for surveys questions (multiple select) to be able to fetch from data management dropdowns. That would save time building survey options AND reduce the risk of inconsistencies between survey question and data points in the Gainsight object we seek to populate, and the need to transform data with rules before being able to push it to the target object.  

@richa_bala, putting this on your radar.

@richa_bala Have you been able to look at this? This is becoming ever more relevant for us. Thanks for getting back to me. 

@Sudipta Chowdhury could you pl take a look at this when you are back?

@Sudipta Chowdhury Coming back to this… maintaining dropdowns in data management AND surveys makes no sense especially when most surveys seek to collect data points we use in data management (otherwise, why would we even collect it)?? 

100% agree, it makes no sense to duplicate data points. Dropdowns need a lot of love

Hi @rakesh @Sudipta Chowdhury - coming back to this once again. All the data points we collect in surveys are susceptible to be pushed to a Gainsight object other than surveys (for example Company, Company Person or Person).

Imagine me having to create a survey question with 200 countries and having to maintain that in Data Management and Surveys… when I could just have a question type that would fetch from the Data Management Dropdown? I have not even tried but my bet is I’ll break the multi-select question limit if I add 200 options 😅

We need anything that’s a single select or multi-select to be able to fetch from the data management dropdowns. Full stop.

Thanks! 

+1 - we have a survey where we want to ask about which features a customer uses that are already a dropdown in data management.  Would be great to be able to reference that without having to recreate it in a survey.