Allow renaming of reports in C360 and R360

Related products: CS 360 Company & Relationships

I was disappointed to find out today that despite the system looking like it lets you rename reports within a “Report” section in the C/R360, Gainsight has actually classified this as a bug. Rather than fix the system to make the editing functionality actually work and therefore let admins rename reports to something more end-user friendly, they are going to “fix” the editing functionality by not allowing us to edit the report names at all - and therefore stick us with whatever the report is called in Report Builder. 

My use case is that we have 5 R360 layouts, and due to a limitation in our data I had to clone and tweak reports for a few different objects. I appended the relationship name to the end of each contract report - i.e. Contracts (Relationship A), which goes on Relationship A’s R360; Contracts (Relationship 😎, which goes on Relationship B’s R360, etc. 

I tried to edit the report name in each R360 to just say “Contracts,” (see screenshot below) which obviously makes way more sense to end users, but I wasn’t seeing the change reflected in the R360s. That’s when I found out Gainsight said it’s a bug to allow the editing interface at the report level in the first place. 

YES! Same exact use case!