Relevant Community Posts

• 31 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi, friends!  It was great to get to know all of you at PAL Admin 200.  It sounded like several of us have some of the same challenges in the product, so I wanted to share some links to vote up / comment on around these requests.  Please feel free to Comment any others that you have written or know of and I look forward to collaborating with all of you here!

Journey Orchestrator

Needing Gainsight user information

Data / Rules preparation

6 replies

Badge +3

Hi Angela,

Thanks for your post. May I ask you to provide more detail on each item in your comment above? I was particularly interested in what you mean by “Participant list should be dynamic”. There is so much that could be discussed here, so I was wondering if you had some specific issues that we could discuss further.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Angela,

Thanks for your post. May I ask you to provide more detail on each item in your comment above? I was particularly interested in what you mean by “Participant list should be dynamic”. There is so much that could be discussed here, so I was wondering if you had some specific issues that we could discuss further.

Yes, absolutely!  You should be able to click into the Community page itself as well, but the issue is that the Participant List is created in a moment in time.  We have several journeys that are 1 year or longer.  These CTAs are often initially assigned by the Journey Orchestrator to a previous CSM because you can only use a Participant field to assign CTAs.    Additionally, if you have a journey with multiple emails over time, updates to a contacts name or email are not captured, so they could be populating incorrectly.  This is also true of any tokenized data, like the Names for the client or CSM.  Some examples include marriage, divorce, or has a new name due to gender identify.  Not to mention any email address updated where the client has changed their email and it is updated in Gainsight but not the participant list.  All of these should be looking at current data and not historically on the day a list was populated. 

Badge +3

Hi Angela.

Your question related to JOs is an interesting, but challenging, issue to solve. The goal is to have a Program that guides a participant through a Journey. I agree that if the Journey runs for a long time, the relevance of that journey may decrease. Perhaps a Journey of one year is too long? If a Participants email address changes, then the chances are the original participant will not be completing the journey. 

I would recommend breaking up the Journey into multiple programs that may or may not feed each into each other (depending on your requirements). Calculated Fields can be used to get the latest value within a Program, but what you have stated seems to go beyond even that.

I know the Gainsight Product team is re-developing JO at the moment, but I doubt they will be able to resolve your issue fully.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Angela.

Your question related to JOs is an interesting, but challenging, issue to solve. The goal is to have a Program that guides a participant through a Journey. I agree that if the Journey runs for a long time, the relevance of that journey may decrease. Perhaps a Journey of one year is too long? If a Participants email address changes, then the chances are the original participant will not be completing the journey. 

I would recommend breaking up the Journey into multiple programs that may or may not feed each into each other (depending on your requirements). Calculated Fields can be used to get the latest value within a Program, but what you have stated seems to go beyond even that.

I know the Gainsight Product team is re-developing JO at the moment, but I doubt they will be able to resolve your issue fully.

Thanks for the suggestion.  We have been running these for 18 months or longer now, and it is the perfect balance of when to communicate an issue with a client so they do not get fatigue, and so we fold in a new participant at the correct time.  We would need to break this into another action or another rule entirely to create the CTA each quarter based on the participant completing the first cycle of email and CTA, and count the months so we are not continuing beyond 12 months.  It’s an interesting idea, but not 1 we have the bandwidth to create this year.  Would love to know if anyone else in PAL has done something similar, though!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Tagging in few more PAL friends for their thoughts as well - 
@matthew_lind  @Jack_Darley @sarahmiracle @kelciwalker 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Interesting use case @angela_domenichelli, and thanks for the tag @revathimenon.

I’ve never built a Journey Orchestrator Program which lasted more than 1-2 months, mainly for reasons described here. Essentially, the Contact/Person quality can deteriorate within a Program when it lasts more than a few months. Also, I tend to be quite modular in my design philosophy; building a Program for a shorter time period gives me more speed and agility to change--or clone and amend, where required--the Program.

That’s all likely “preaching to the choir” and not particularly helpful if your bandwidth doesn’t support a re-design now. I do really like the idea of a fresh check on Person data at the triggering of each action.