Solved

Rule Help: Reset Count Field with new year

• 12 February 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
We're in the process of implementing some tiered service for our Success accounts.  In doing so, I've built out fields on Customer Info to store the number of allotted activities based on the level of account.  I've also built out fields to store the number of completed activities as well.  I'm populating both via the Rules Engine.  The problem I'm running into is that some of our contracts are multi-year, and I need to reset the count of completed activities each year.  So, for example, if a three contract is signed today, I want to count the number of completed activities up to this point next year, and then, I want the count to restart.  

To give some additional info:  I'm using a field we have in SF for Largest Contract Start date to indicate when to start the count, but that value won't change (in the case above from today) until the contract renews.  I was thinking of potential creating a "Days since Largest Contract Start Date" field, and then, resetting based on that field reaching 365.

Anyone have any other ideas that might not require the creation of a new field?  Or has anyone done something similar a different way?  Thanks!
icon

Best answer by britton_walker 12 February 2018, 22:46

View original

5 replies

Badge
Have you looked into using the "Life cycle weeks per year" field stored on the Customer Info object? Instead of measuring 365 days, it measures 52 weeks then starts back at 1 when the client hits their anniversary day. We use that field to send out an email every six months to our clients, but sounds like you might be able to use it in your situation too.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Thanks, Britton!  I'll take a look at that and see if it will work for us!
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Britton, really appreciate the tip!  I was able to do some finagling and make this work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi Heather, One more way you can try, try using Date formula functions in Bionic Rules Transformation task. They can be helpful and can be used in filters. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Thanks, Sai!  Where I'm running into problems is that I really need to do a Date Difference between Contract Start Date and Today.  I can't use Today in the formula.