Allow negative scorecard components

Related products: None

Currently the scorecard components can only be positive numbers between 0-100.  However, one of our components in NPS, which can be from -100 - 100.  In order for us to show this, we have to transform the NPS score into something else.  This makes it difficult for users to understand this scorecard component.  Can we allow negative numbers in the scorecard components?
I agree with this. We have some components that we would like to use, but since they're negative values, we have to adjust our values which isn't always the best solution. If we were able to have negative score values, this would help.
Hi Brain/Kayce,

I would like to understand the use case better here. Can you provide additional context on the use cases you've mentioned?

Thanks in advance.

-Sumesh
Hi Sumesh,

Our company currently is using excel to generate adoption scores for customers since Gainsight isn't able to show negative values in the Scorecard. Adoption scores are derived from a list of ~10 components, some of which have answers that yield a negative score (i.e. if a customer loses their executive sponsor, the component is given a score of -15). We would like to list out the components that make up the overall Adoption scores, which currently is not doable.
@Brian, Couldn't you set score from the NPS measure with a defined min/max of -100 to 100? That would scale the points associated with the measure in line with the NPS value for the account.
This was my thought as well.  Create a rule that sets the NPS score 0-100 based on the values -100 to 100, something like:

-100 to -90 = 0

-89 to -80 = 5

-79 to -70 = 10

-69 to -60 = 15

-59 to -50 = 20

-49 to -40 = 25

-39 to -30 = 30

-29 to -20 = 35

-19 to -10 = 40

-9 to 0 = 45

1 to 10 = 50

11 to 20 = 55

21 to 30 = 60

31 to 40 = 65

41 to 50 = 70

51 to 60 = 75

61 to 70 = 80

71 to 80 = 85

81 to 90 = 90

91 to 100 = 100
Exactly. You might not lose points in an absolute sense, but you lose the opportunity point which brings your overall score down.

If you opt to use the built in auto-scaling score function though, you would get tighter granularity (all 100 possible values) and would only need to make one action.
The issue with using this approach is that the value which appears in that field on the scorecard is not the actual NPS score.  Using the above approach requires each user to transform it to the actual score.  I simply would want to show the actual score (positive or negative) in the component field.
Ah, that's a good point. Well you could use Jeff's method with a bunch of actions and have the display text equating to the actual NPS. Just spitballing. 
@Brian are you storing the NPS value in a field within SFDC or GS?  Couldn't you display the NPS value as a field in the Summary section at the top of C360 but then use the Scorecard to evaluate the NPS field value and calculate a score on a scale of 1-100?  If the NPS healthscore is low, then the CSM could look at the NPS value in the Summary section.
I am at a new company now where this has become a pain point. Would now like to vote for the addition of Negative numbers in the Scorecard.
With the addition of formulas in bionic rules, you can convert a -100 through +100 scale to a 0-100 scale by using this formula in a transformation task: "NPS Score Field"/2+50