Solved

Is there a way to filter a report to only show Timeline Activities where the Author = Current CSM?

• 16 September 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Is there a way to filter a report to only show Timeline Activities where the Author = Current CSM? Similar to how we can set this type of criteria in rules.

We're trying to create a dashboard to track activities logged by CSMs on their current accounts. If we filter by Author it may show activities they logged prior to CSM transitions or on accounts that are no longer theirs. If we filter by CSM it would show all activities for that account whether it was created by the CSM, a prior CSM, Sales or our support team. On the dashboard I know I could have 2 global filters and a CSM would just have to set themselves as both author and CSM but we also need it to be filtered by Team Manager and Senior Manager, which wouldn't work with that work-around.

I'd like to avoid creating yet another rule/MDA table since that leaves more room for error and also means our data wouldn't be 'live'. Does anyone have other ideas/suggestions?

icon

Best answer by dan_ahrens 16 September 2019, 23:28

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Katie - you can do this by adding a filter on the Author ID field. If you select the GSID (and not the text name), you can add a filter value of "Current User". See below.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Thanks Dan, but there isn't a way to make that work for a Team Manager....correct? On the same dashboard. For example, a CSM could filter to their accounts and with this filter see a count of how many of my customers I've logged activities for in the last 30 days. Then, a TM wanted to see a count of how many current customers his/her entire team has logged an activity for (by CSM) in the last 30 days (so they can compare to their total book of business) but I only want to see the activities they have logged for customers that are currently assigned to them. Or a TM wants to see the dashboard filtered to a particular CSM on their team....so they wouldn't be the 'current user'. Does that make sense?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Katie, I understand your use case a little better now. We don't have the ability in reporting to set a filter value equal to another field value.

However, we are close to releasing Data Designer, which will allow reporting permutations like the one you're describing. It creates a materialzed dataspace based on advanced cross object reporting capabilities (basically bionic rules, except for reporting).