Solved

Help Wanted: Create a report with MDA data and CTA type/reason

• 16 February 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge
Our CSM's use CTA's to track updates that are made to our customer's programs.

For example - a CTA type would be "Program Update" and Reason: "Increase Reward" 

We also are using the MDA to pull in data for an object called "Submissions"

Hence when CSM's increase the reward for a customer's program -- A customer's submission volume should be expected to increase.

This is all done on the relationship level. I'm looking to create a report that can show a historical view of when CTA/program updates were made and the submission data as well.  

This can graphically give us a story of us showing value to our customers.

Any advice?
icon

Best answer by manu_mittal 18 February 2018, 02:58

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Thanks for posting, Tony! 

If you want to look at this data one Customer or Relationship at a time, and you are flagging these CTAs as Milestones, then one thing you could try out immediately is overlaying these Milestones on a trend report built on 'Submissions'. This should enable you to do some visual correlation between reward increments and submission volume.

Also, this month we are making statistical functions available in Bionic Rules, which you could use to perform more concrete analysis.

Hope this helps!
Badge
Hi Manu, thanks for this info, this may work. How can I merge the 'submissions' object from the MDA with the milestone object to create a single report?

Do you have any further details on what type of concrete analysis will be available with the new bionic rule update? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Tony, 

With the most recent update you can now use statistical functions like Std. Dev., correlation, median, variance, etc.

Check out more info here including some sample use cases: https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/Rules_Engine/Admin_Configuration/Formula_Builder...
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Regarding merging 'Submissions' from MDA with Milestones: the option I shared above ('Show Milestones') works on any trend report that's filtered to a specific Customer/Relationship. So no actual data merging is needed.  
Badge
Thanks ! This was very helpful and worked. I was able to show the milestones on the MDA report