Auto populate the recipient of an "email task" email

Related products: None

If we have an email task set up in a playbook, it appears that there is not a way to auto-populate who the email from that task will go to, you just have to either specify the address in the CTA comment or have Associate Contacts already in place.

I'm wondering if there is any plan for having the ability to auto populate the "To" address in an email task?

For example, if we had a rule that was firing a CTA for survey responses that are detractors, and wanted to put in "NPSSurvey Response:User Email" as the recipient.  Currently the user has to tokenize the address in the CTA comment or manually put it in as an Associated Contact on the CTA.
Agreed -- this is better than making the CSMs remember "oh, for these kinds of Email Tasks, the recipient is supposed to be the primary customer contact, but this other kind, it's supposed to be the Executive Sponsor" etc.
Hi,

Agree with the feedback, we will implement population of default contact in 'To' soon. Will keep you updated about ETA.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Any update on an ETA for this feature?
Hi Jennifer,

This capability is already available. You can add a contact while creating CTAs via rules engine and this contact will automatically available as a To recipient in email assist.

Thanks,

Nitisha
If a CSM is manually creating a CTA using a playbook with the email task, is there a way to populate that field? Since the rule engine isn't creating the task in this instance, that solution wouldn't work. 
Hi Daniel, if you manually create a CTA that has an email task, you will manually populate the recipient field when you proceed to the "validate email" step. Does this answer your question?
I figured that was the case, but I appreciate the verification. Currently, we are receiving an error when we attempt to manually fill in the recipient field and it won't allow us to validate the email. I'll work with Support to determine the actual cause of the error.

hi @dan_ahrens  - do you know if there has been any update on this? We’re trying to make it so that when we create an email template it already comes prepopulated with recipients we’ve determined as admins. 

@ssamarth, @mpatra putting this on your radar

hi @dan_ahrens  - do you know if there has been any update on this? We’re trying to make it so that when we create an email template it already comes prepopulated with recipients we’ve determined as admins. 

Hi @Erseburse - I no longer work at Gainsight so I’m not sure if there are any relevant updates to share. It looks like Anirban has tagged the appropriate product managers for input. 

A little confused as to why this is marked as Implemented? We have never been able to successfully associate a person with a CTA or a task and have that translate over as a pre-populated recipient. 

This would help our CSMs so much - they currently are wasting a lot of time finding the person that is meant to receive an email. We’d love to populate it for them via Rules Engine.

FYI @Alicia Azar 

@elliot_hullverson please see @Sam.Riggs’s comment above - any thoughts here?

Has this been implemented?   I can’t find any documentation on how to implement this.

like others have highlighted, this would be an excellent time saving feature for many CSMs

@DaveStevens @Alicia Azar  Is this what you are talking about.

@DaveStevens @Alicia Azar  Is this what you are talking about.

Thanks - this didn’t seem to work.   My dropdown list only showing “executive sponsors” as an option, which I tried and this didn’t work.

I could see how this might work, if the list included the option for “relationship id → survey contacts”

@DaveStevens Can you check with Support on this issue