Solved

identify with account id behavior

• 26 October 2022
  • 1 reply

I am using identify with a unique user id after the user logs in.  I do this along with an account id that is tied to the data that the user is dealing with.  If a user opens up a second tab of my web application in the same web browser, and I call identify a second time using the same user id, but a different account id, can I expect that to cause reporting issues?  I am concerned that by calling identify for the user with a second account id, that the original browser tab, which continues to act on data associated with the first account, will get attributed to the second account.

If this would cause an issue, is there another technique I should use, such as using a method other than identify, to signifiy to aptrinsic that the user is working with different data between two tabs in the same browser?  Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Cheemala Shivani 27 October 2022, 16:12

View original

1 reply

Badge +1

Thanks for posting to PX Community @efinch.

For this use case, if identifying a user twice with same user id and with a different account id upon opening the second tab then the account data might be updated each time when the user is re-identified. So, Instaed of updating the account id you can use Global Context to track these user events. 

Gainsight PX provides a specific API to accomplish Global Context-based data collection. You can configure this API as required.

All the data tracked through Global context can be found in the Adoption reports page of the Analytics section. 

Detailed documentation on Global Context: https://support.gainsight.com/PX/Engagements/01On-boarding/Use_Global_Context 

Happy Px-ing! :)