Solved

Send CoPilot using Contacts and Related Contacts in Salesforce

• 26 September 2017
  • 3 replies

Our org uses both contacts and related contacts in our accounts in Salesforce because some of our contacts work across multiple accounts. I'm trying to send out a copilot outreach that will send emails out to everyone associated with an account based on their role. 

For part of this outreach, I also need to filter by fields within an opportunity. So in CoPilot, I've derived the list of recipients from the opportunity - but the only people that appear are those that aren't associated with multiple accounts - those that aren't part of the related contact list.

Is it possible to generate my contact list from the entire related contact list in Salesforce and retain the ability to filter by opportunity fields?
icon

Best answer by jeffrey_dasilva 26 September 2017, 19:42

View original

3 replies

Badge
From what I've read about Email Chains in Advanced Outreaches you should be able to use Query Builder to build a bionic query that would allow you to join the two data sets together.

Here is documentation: https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/CoPilot_and_Automated_Email/Admin_Configuration/...

The way that we do it right now with a Data Space is to load the Opp Id into the Customer Info table on a nightly basis which allows us to join from the Related Contact through to Customer Info which then gives us our Opporutnity.  This works for our renewal communications because a customer can only have one up coming renewal at a time.  However, it doesn't work in a case where a customer could have multiple opps open at a time based on your filter criteria.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Dallis - Jeff is right that the way to accomplish this is by using a Bionic Query in Advanced Outreaches. Tons of flexibility to merge and transform data to get a very specific contact list derived from source data in multiple objects.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Query Builder can address this - however Email Assist, Timeline and anyplace else that "hard codes" the Contact object won't work with Related Contacts.