Reports 2.o Date Summarization: Toggle between fiscal year and calendar year

Related products: None

Based on a support ticket I opened, it seems that the Summarize feature in Reports 2.0 can group Dates into Weeks/Months/Quarters, but will default to the SFDC Fiscal Year settings if the customer has set those up. This can cause confusion in reporting, as  an Account with a Date of 4/1/2016 gets grouped into Q1-2017.  We need a way to toggle between FISCAL and CALENDAR year reporting.
So that I understand better, if customer has defined their fiscal year in SFDC, what is the confusion in using that vs. calendar year? Can you share the ticket number? thx
The dropdown does have options for Calendar Year and Fiscal year when reporting on SFDC objects - is this an issue when reporting on MDA data?
Denise, this is not within the filters, but the aggregation under the field in the By section.  According to Product, it defaults to whatever Fiscal year settings are set in SFDC.  It also only shows 5 quarters max.  This does not mimic SFDC functionality, which is really where the request comes from.  I have a customer who is stating this is a major issue for them.
Got it - aggregation only consider Fiscal vs giving the option of calendar or fiscal?
Exactly.  We just need to be able to match the flexibility of SFDC reporting.  Customer truly want to be ALL IN GAINSIGHT, but if our reporting tool can't match their current dashboards, it hampers them from doing so.
Gaurav, 

- Ticket: https://gainsight.zendesk.com/agent/tickets/9524

- This escalation went up to Nick. The customer understands we can't replicate SF reporting exactly. Can find a workaround for him to visualize reports the way he wants? Does anybody on your team have any ideas? 
I'll have someone look into this. thx
Three suggestions:

1. Lila - we should make sure documentation makes this clear when reporting on MDA data that it is fiscal and that we read this from SFDC

2. We should have a standard that fiscal year quarters/years are always labelled as such Q1 FY2017

3. Make filter options and summarization options consistent

Hello Everyone,

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and implemented in the Horizon Analytics in both SFDC (Link) & NXT (Link) versions. Horizon Analytics has new capabilities such as responsive charts and dashboards, flexible dashboards with more widgets (Image, Web Page, Rich Text), etc. 

Following are the major advantages of Horizon Analytics:

• New and improved User Interface based on the Gainsight Horizon Design System.

• Easy access to a list of Reports and Dashboards.

• Easy to share your Report and Dashboard through PPT or Link.

• Ability to retrieve the deleted Reports or Dashboards from the Trash folder.

• Easy to enable/disable the Report data downloads (including external links)

• Easy to enable/disable the lazy loading of Report Widgets.

• Easy to select the Color Palette, either Gainsight Defaults or Custom Colors.

• Simplified drag and drop capability for adding fields to the Report.

Thanks for posting!