Simple "Date" Field For Email Logs (Triggered Date/Triggered On)

Related products: None

I have a use case that calls for a "Sent Date" field that is actually a date field and not a date time field in "Email Logs"

Use Case: Customer wants to create a report where we are looking at email stats grouped by "Triggered Date" and "Batch Name". 

What we've noticed is that in reporting this leads to scenario's where we see "duplicates" (same "date, same batch name.... 2 row instead of 1)

In debugging this issue, you are not able to "Summarize By" a Date/Time field which is causing these multiple entries entries to occur. In looking at email logs there doesn't appears to be a "Sent Date" that is just a date and not a date time. Is this something we have plans to add? Its holding up a key report that we're trying to build. 
Hi Steve, the fall release will have a function in the rules engine to convert DateTime to Date:

See this doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13OlzSoHBeqnQLyX8WIiBA92za6Jkr5EHcX331mCcbjk/edit#heading=h.b16pryozflna

Section 3 covers the new functions.

Would this work for your use case?
Dan, Can you slack me and maybe we'll setup a few minutes to chat about it. My short answer.... not sure 🙂
Sure thing.