Solved

Tracking Clicks through Dialog Engagements

• 19 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi everyone. I am wondering if anyone has any knowledge on how to track clicks made by clients through a Dialog Engagement. Ideally we would be able to see how many of our clients click on our link to an external site, any other analytics would also be beneficial. 

icon

Best answer by Sruthimalla 19 January 2023, 15:23

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

@Kylehunter ,You can start from the “Engagements → In-app performance” of that dialog to see the overall performance along with CTA clicks of the dialog. Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m struggling to see where you can include the actual link that was clicked when exporting results from a dialog engagement, since you can have multiple links, say a download link and a close button it would be very valuable to see what they clicked in the export.

Is there a way to get this added or via the api?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thanks for posting to PX Community @brian.atkins and @Kylehunter !

To add to this thread, one can view those clicked CTA URLs inside PX Engagement Analytics (on hover) and by using the “engagementView” PX REST API call.  Both examples are shown in my screenshots below.

However, these clicked CTA URLs are not included in the “Export CSV” file from PX Engagement Analytics, only the CTA count is there, or in the standard AWS S3 Export files.  IMO - These are great feature requests for these export files that could be added to the PX Ideas section of Community.

Happy PX-ing!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks - I will add those as community items.  As you can imagine, hovering to find out what they clicked is not scalable.  I wonder why by default, Gainsight has chosen not to expose all data available via the download or the API - error on the side of providing too much not having to onsie-twosie add with each request as a principle.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Please upvote this: