Question

Ability to update a SFDC field true or false

• 22 July 2016
  • 3 replies

Has anyone found a way through the rules engine to check/uncheck a field in SFDC?

We have created a reference playbook and at the end we create a milestone to track when an account was used as a reference.  I would then like to check/uncheck a field on the account record that indicates whether that account has been used as a reference in the past x days.  We do not give full access to Gainsight for anyone outside of our customer advocate team so this is how we can indicate whether an account has been used recently.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Yes. You would have to have the SFDC admin create a field on the Account record with the Data Type "Checkbox".  Then they would have to enable access for you to be able to write to that field via rules engine.  Then (if you have Gainsight Special permissions) you'd have to through the RUles Engine settings, Permissions - Rules Load actions, and add that field so that you can write to it via a rule.  

Then just add it as a custom field in your rule.

Where in SFDC does an SFDC admin need to give me permissions so that I can write to the field via the rules engine?
Badge +3
Please check out this document.  https://support.gainsight.com/hc/en-us/articles/204526578-Use-Rules-to-Load-to-SFDC-Object-or-MDA-Su...