Solved

Converting outreaches to advanced outreaches

• 29 September 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge
What are some best practices to convert a standard outreach to an advanced outreach?

We're starting to convert some of our outreaches to advanced outreaches and running into a couple problems. The big one is that we're using the power list from the outreach as our participant source for the advanced outreach. The problem here is that the clients stay on the power lists for a few days before dropping off. This means that the clients who received the email yesterday through the classic outreach will receive the same email today from the advanced outreach. Any ideas on how to avoid this from happening?
icon

Best answer by abhishek_sivaraman 30 September 2017, 16:27

View original

6 replies

Badge
Update: I have tried uploading an exclusion list of the contacts who have already received the email and excluding participants by email. However, that doesn't seem to be working, or at least not how I'm understanding it.
Badge
We are struggling with this as well.  We converted over one Outreach to an Advanced Outreach and had to hard-code the start date of the new Powerlist for the Advanced Outreach to start as-of a specific day to avoid overlap.  Unfortunately, in order to prevent duplicate emails from going out we may miss some customers in this transition.  The only way that I could think of to avoid this for critical communications that can't be missed is to leverage Query Builder to build bionic queries where one of the queries is the Email Logs table.  I haven't confirmed yet if the join between queries can be an exclusion where you omit the contacts that have already received the communication. Because of this challenge and the fact that Advanced Outreach configuration can't be updated after making it active we have decide to hold off on converting at this time.  We are hoping that Gainsight can offer a solution to resolve this issue that you highlighted.
Badge
I have held off for this exact reason. I use the "send email once in X days" logic of Standard Outreaches HEAVILY. Not having that in Advanced Outreaches is a big challenge for us and impeding us from really diving in to a conversion.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Ben, Advanced Outreaches does allow you to configure some advanced filtering criteria, including "send email once in X days" type of logic. 

See this article and specifically the section dealing with Advanced Criteria:

Users can select checkboxes that will: 

• Prevent a Participant with the same email address from being added to the Outreach within a set number of days. The number of days can be customized by the user.

Does this help with your concern?
Hi Ben,

Does the above response answer your question on the ability to send email once in X days functionality in Advanced Outreaches or do you have any other use case in mind? 

I have sent a meeting request so that we can discuss more on the use cases you have in mind.

Thanks

Abhishek S
Badge
I think so, yes. I'll have to make a few more Advanced Outreaches to get more comfortable with the workflow Dan mentioned. I do see that same functionality there, it was just more buried than I looked initially.