Remove none option in the dropdown field.

Related products: CS 360 Company & Relationships

Hi Team,

Is it possible to remove the none, Option from a dropdown field

Hello @Saichand Moturi, thank you for your post. Forwarding this to our Product Manager too look into this and get back to you. 

Hi @Saichand Moturi, thanks for sharing your feedback here. Is there any specific reason behind this ask ?

Converted this discussion to an idea.

Some thoughts, wondering if the community would agree or disagree on any of these points.

• “None” should not be an option unless explicitly configured by an admin, in which case it should be taken as a literal value “None”, not as a representation of null/blank.
  • In the case of a controller/dependent dropdown setup, when the dependent dropdown is empty as a result of the controller dropdown value, it also shows “None”. It should not. The dependent dropdown should be empty, nothing selected, and ideally the dependent dropdown should also be disabled, making it absolutely clear there is no expectation of the user to select a value.

Some thoughts, wondering if the community would agree or disagree on any of these points.

• “None” should not be an option unless explicitly configured by an admin, in which case it should be taken as a literal value “None”, not as a representation of null/blank.
  • In the case of a controller/dependent dropdown setup, when the dependent dropdown is empty as a result of the controller dropdown value, it also shows “None”. It should not. The dependent dropdown should be empty, nothing selected, and ideally the dependent dropdown should also be disabled, making it absolutely clear there is no expectation of the user to select a value.

Seconding. I am running into an issue right now where “None” really should not be an option for a particular dropdown on our company object that we are asking CSMs to fill out so we can report on it. At least one person has selected “None” for a few records so far and because the reporting interprets a null value it’s impossible to distinguish those records from ones that haven’t been filled out. This feels like a big product miss to me and I’m surprised it’s been left like this for so long.

is it possible to remove the none option from the dropdown list?