Solved

Idea. Change the Quick Filter (Search) Section in the S3 Connector to Default to Contains, rather than Equals.

• 5 November 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
In other areas when you're doing a quick search using the area in the red box (in the image), it defaults to a 'Contains' search. But in the S3 it defaults to an 'Equals' search. Is it possible to change this search to a 'Contains' to match the other areas?

icon

Best answer by jitin_mehndiratta 5 February 2019, 07:29

View original

2 replies

HI Sagan,

You can now use Bionic Rules to set up Data ingest jobs from S3. This has more benefits, some of which include the following:

1) No need to store raw data within gainsight. You can transform the data as per your need before loading it into an object.

2) Files of size up to 6 GB is supported.

And then these rules can be filtered based on "contains." Please note that Bionic Rules is the newer and more advanced version of the S3 ingest jobs.

Regards,

Jitin

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hi Jitin,

I agree. The problem I ran into is regarding some of our reports have a date/time field - and without an option to have a M/D/YYYY H:MM we have to continue to use the Connector for those reports. I have a post regarding the date/time field.

Thank you for your feedback!