Gainsight Home feedback

Related products: None

Blockers to using:

• Cannot re-label global filters.  Since we use lookups, each filter would be labeled GSID
  • Different Home experiences for different personas (similar to c360 assignment layouts)
  • Activity type when using a scorecard object defaults to Update, but should default to Health Score Update

Nice to haves:

• Ability to lock global filters - for example, managed as Customer
  • Widgets should be clickable in Summary
  • Difficult to re-order (screen share might be needed)
  • Cannot create filters on non-Company objects - for example, Timeline author or CTA owner

@angela_domenichelli thank you for sharing the feedback here. We will definitely review this.

@sai_ram 

Additionally - the “My Portfolio” widget defaults to included churned/ inactive accounts. We would like this to only display “Active” accounts. I set the filter in the configuration to “active” but CSMs are still getting churned accounts

To add to these excellent points, “Distribution by Health” should have additional settings where you can determine which scheme is being displayed or display multiple schemes (numeric and color) since they have corresponding bands. 

Also, certain global filters are cut off/not visible. I added filter G but it is not seen and the global filter section doesn’t expand like it does with the current dashboard experience.

Gainsight Home:

Current Dashboard:

CORRECTION: This seems to happen only in edit mode. 

Admittedly I haven’t spent much time with Home yet, but when I initially kicked the tires on it in my Sandbox, I found that if I add the top level CSM field (that contains the GSID but has the label) instead of CSM → GSID I can see the label name on the Global Filters.

Also, if I add a filter for all the user types (i.e. CSM, RSR, TSAM, PS Assigned Expert) and set them all to Current User, it appears to filter appropriately based on the persona (I tested a few different folks), and then I assume the user can personalize their own experience. 

I don’t disagree having an Admin-published individual persona experience would be valuable, but this may be a workaround in the interim.

(PS it’s a big bummer there is no way to reset the filters back to defaults without going in and directly editing the filters)

+99999 to all above comments! We want our users to get a lot out of the new Gainsight Home and incorporating the above will help us all achieve this!

Great summation! I feel the Global filter concept should work like they do in Dashboards… where I can choose which reports I want them to apply to and also use mapping to non-Gainsight fields

Hi All,

Global Filters -

Currently the filters on Home is very much like the filters in a feature such as Timeline only on Company and Relationship. The rationale here is that Global Filters need that additional configuration around selecting objects, selecting fields, etc. It was alright when targeting admins, for end users they are used to select fields and filters capability that is present in Cockpit, Timeline, etc. for years. That being said, we will monitor any requests and feedback more on this topic to evolve the filtering on Gainsight Home. Same with the filtering on non company/Relationship object

(Note: GSID problem seems solve as noticed by darkknight)

Different Home for different personas -

This is definitely one of the top items on the roadmap of Gainsight Home. Would love to hear more on some usecases here - which all persona? Are all CSM’s or flavours of CSM’s or are we looking at Manager / Exec persona? 

Widgets should be clickable in Summary - 

Most widgets in Gainsight Home are already explained by additional widgets typically present in Home. My portfolio widget explains the attributes, Cockpit widget explains the CTA numbers. Can you share some additional flows that you would want? What about the idea of clicking the number and the home scrolling down to the widget if its below. 

Difficult to re-order

I totally understand what you were referring to. I want to update that we have improved the overall dashboard building and home building experience and this should be much easier now. 

Additional feedback items:

• Activity type when using a scorecard object defaults to Update, but should default to Health Score Update - @shantan_reddy  some feedback on the scorecard report
  • Additionally - the “My Portfolio” widget defaults to included churned/ inactive accounts. We would like this to only display “Active” accounts. I set the filter in the configuration to “active” but CSMs are still getting churned accounts - @ana_g this sounds like a bug to me. Did you get a chance to interface with out support team? 
  • To add to these excellent points, “Distribution by Health” should have additional settings where you can determine which scheme is being displayed or display multiple schemes (numeric and color) since they have corresponding bands. @shantan_reddy   Some feedback on the distribution by health attribute. 

@rakesh @angela_domenichelli 
Changing the default activity type for scorecard timeline will be available as part of the November release.
Very few customers have implemented multiple schemes currently. We have added support for multiple schemes to our backlog and will make it available in the future.

Regards,

Shantan

@angela_domenichelli mentioned the widgets in summary not being clickable and this is something we are also experiencing as a missed opportunity. @rakesh as you asked for additional desired flows;

• As a CSM, I want to be able to click the distribution by health segments, so that a list of the represented companies appears for respectively my red, amber or green labeled customers.
  • As a CSM, I want to be able to click the segment of NPS responders, so that the represented list of Companies that are respectively detractors, passives or promoters appears.
  • As a CSM, I would like to be able to click on the number of CTA’s that are respectively Due this week, Overdue and Open, in order to be navigating to Cockpit directly and have the respective filtering applied.
    • Scrolling to the widget on the Homepage could be an alternative, but might have different filtering set up, so it will not represent the indicated number.

BR,
- Jelle

@Jelle A drill-through experience for the Customer Health widget will be made available in the future. It will definitely contain the flow you mention.

Regards,

Shantan

Re-labeling global filters is still a top ask for us.  When using the menu selection, the end user needs to hover to see the full text.  We would prefer to abbreviate this to “CSM” or “Director” instead of having the full file path name displayed.

Also, the Timeline widget does not seem to respect the Global Filters.  I am seeing the Global Timeline view and it is not filtered for a specific CSMs accounts when filtering for CSM.  Same for the Cockpit view, it is not referencing the Global Filter in any way.

Hi @angela_domenichelli 

Timeline and Cockpit do filter for the filters. The filter on the top filters for Companies / Relationships and the timeline and cockpit widgets do show Activities and CTA’s for the same list of Companies / Relationships. 

Relabelling / more configurations on the filters is something that is on the roadmap, but thats coming after our 2 higher priority items → Multiple Gainsight Home layouts and Calendar widget in Gainsight Home.

Re-labeling is a higher priority than the other 2 from our perspective.  The global filters impact every user every time they access Gainsight Home.

The global filters are now working for Timeline & Cockpit, must have been a bug that day with Preview or UAT.  

One last question for @rakesh, once I Publish Gainsight Home, is it possible to un-publish?  Our UAT environment does not have enough data for our superusers to test, so I would like to do some off hours testing with them in Production before we are ready to make GA.  Thanks for your help!

One last question for @rakesh, once I Publish Gainsight Home, is it possible to un-publish?  Our UAT environment does not have enough data for our superusers to test, so I would like to do some off hours testing with them in Production before we are ready to make GA.  Thanks for your help!

No, its not possible to unpublish a published Home Angela. 

@rakesh asked: 

Different Home for different personas -

This is definitely one of the top items on the roadmap of Gainsight Home. Would love to hear more on some usecases here - which all persona? Are all CSM’s or flavours of CSM’s or are we looking at Manager / Exec persona?

Here is my two cents on that topic- within our CS department, we have different tiers of managers, CSMs, and CS support personas who all need to see different things. It would be great if we could configure the OOTB widgets to perform different actions based on needs. For example, the CTA widget on Home is designed to filter CTAs by Company→ CSM, not CTA → Assignee. These are a few example use cases I’m finding where this limitation causes issues

• Our support team who have no companies assigned to them won't see any CTAs in the widget, even if they have CTAs assigned to them to aid with CSM work
  • CSMs who are doing work on larger cross-collaboration projects won't see the CTAs assigned to them because it's not on one of their listed companies
  • Managers who have CTAs assigned to aid in the renewal process for CSMs won’t see those CTAs because again the company is not under their name.

This defeats the use of the CTA widget for anyone except CSMs. Would love to see either a change to the widget to have it pull from CTA→ Assignee, or an option to configure it to do that. Thanks in advance for considering this! 

Please avail this opportunity to interact directly with the Gainsight Home PM (for registered users)

@rakesh Are there any plans to allow users to add or select from existing custom views in the timeline widget in Home? Currently it only shows the default view with no option to add any custom views. The C360 timeline allows custom views to be added which is lovely, but this limits the user to use these views on an individual account basis and not a holistic accounts basis. Bringing custom views to the timeline widget in Home would allow our users to see all of their entries based on their desired views instead of just seeing all entries created by them regardless of type, timeframe, etc.