Solved

Question. Anyone using JO (Journey Orchestrator) to Send Automated Emails Internally?

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
I can use Outreach just fine - but I like the idea of mapping it all with timers, and the ability to create a CTA if necessary.  So I'm wanting to hear feedback if you're using JO internally for our Users - and if so, how did you set it up?
icon

Best answer by diane_morneau 26 October 2018, 23:24

View original

12 replies

Badge +1
Sagan,

I'm using it for the below use cases (some are a bit overkill):

1) eMail notifications on NPS survey responses to specific distribution lists (depending on survey being answered)

- Pretty straight forward, depending on survey ID I send out an email to a distro list with certain parameters from the NPS survey.

2) Slack notifications on NPS survey responses (email to Slack)

- There is an article in the community on how to do this. I toned it down / simplified it a bit but in essence that is what I did.

3) eMail notification on specific activities recorded in GainSight

- Similar to #1, just checking for the type of activity, date and some other filters and send a notification to a distribution list.

Notes:

- I use the email chain template

Let me know if that helped....

M

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hey Marcelo!  1 & 3 sound close what I'm after!  How did you handle the mapping for "SFDC Account Id*" if I may ask?  It seems to be a hang up for me when trying to go to internal users - or maybe I just don't have all the right fields.

[i]When I map Account Id to [i]SFDC Account Id* it's not able to show my participants and doesn't do anything with my reports.  But if I map User Id to SFDC Account Id, it's able to display my participants - but still nothing on my reports.

Badge +1
So, I do not need a participant list as I send it to a distribution list, so I map everything I bring from the query (that way we are meeting all requirements) but then on the email template setup, I set the TO to a specific email address. If you want to send email to "proper" participants that you will be getting from a query I don't think you can query user object (just contacts) and that might be your issue.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Ah, that makes scenes now that you say that.  Okay, back to the drawing board!  Thank you for your insight! :)
Badge
I am using a power list for the CSMs and have set up different mailings -

For instance, I provide previews of stats mailings to get feedback from the CSMs before we finalize them and start distributing them externally.

I also send mailings to the CSMs when new contacts are added to their accounts through automation.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hi Diane!  How are you using JO to send the new contacts email or the mailings?  I seem to be running into an issue with Mapping.  So looking at how others are setup :)  Thank you!
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
We are using JO to send Onboarding emails to new customers utilizing Query Builder for participants.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
I am a relatively heavy user of Journey Orchestrator for internal emails. Some of this business need, and some of this was that it gave me ways to learn Journey Orchestrator in a safer space.

Sending to internal does require some deliberate thinking, and some virtual 'duct tape' on occasion. I have some notifications going to members of a customer's Account team. Those are fairly straightforward because I can retrieve the user's email address from SFDC. In a few other cases, I have ALL notifications for a particular event funneling to a single person. (A prime example....I have all changes discovered by Sponsor Tracking sent directly to a user who ensures our SFDC data quality.) In that case, there's some fancy Bionic-rules type actions to take, but you can indeed send emails to SFDC Users.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Whoops, misread this request was for internal journeys, disregard :D

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
No worries! Thank you for your time though! I like how you're using it though! Something for me to look into as well!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
After pondering this for a few weeks now, I think I've might have come up with some 'duct tape' items that I can use. But hearing that other users do use this internally - makes me feel a lot better! Thank you for your time/feedback!!

Badge
I have a power list that raises new contacts created since last day

-- with criteria contact created date >= Subtract N Days from Run Date 1

Then I have a single step program running every morning bright and early

using that Power list as entrant sending a note to the CSMs.