How can you not report on Link Code when tracking URLs in an email template

Related products: None

Does anyone know how to report off the Link Code in an email template when you embed a URL and click on Enable Link Tracking?

We have quite a few email templates that we use via a Playbook/CTA where we add urls and would like to report on the Link Code we assign to make reporting easier, since it would be a little meh to try and report off the URL.   

I have looked both at Email Logs and Raw Email Logs and have not see anything yet.  

Im part in denial because GS Support said the field is not reportable and I am trying to understand how one can design a feature like this who’s purpose is for ease of reporting/tracking and not make it available to report.  Help me understand, please :sob::worried:

@andorfuhrer sorry for the inconvenience, as per my knowledge we cannot report on Rich Text Fields. The above one is Rich text area filed, has options like Link Code(Insert link), attach files, attach reports, Insert Report, Insert Survey etc.. 

Sorry, not sure with workaround too.

I agree that this should be available in reporting. I will look into it. Thanks for posting.

@sai_ram  & @nitisha_rathi - We just configured 60+ email templates for playbooks across Success and Account Management. Link Tracking was configured and documented for each group so we can have clean reporting - Not by URL.

Is it (really) true that this field exists prompting use with NO USE AT ALL TO REPORTING?

I hope I am missing something….. 

@davebrown2242 You can report on the url of the link but not on the link code

@nitisha_rathi Dare I ask the main question - What exactly is the point of the Link Code today?

@davebrown2242 You are correct. This should have been available in analytics. We have plans for revamping the analytics and we will definitely take this enhancement as a part of it.

@davebrown2242 and @andorfuhrer Thanks for sharing it here. I am changing this to idea for better tracking purpose.

+1! We have run into this frustration as well...

Thanks, @sai_ram - :thumbsup:

This would help a lot in the ‘cleanliness’ of JO Dashboarding for the common/non-admin user.

I also would love to see movement on this, because it seems like this feature exists with no purpose at all? We are sending customer communications via Gainsight and I had set up Link Codes for our email templates hoping that we could get reporting/analytics on particular “buckets” of links (i.e., “blog post”). If we have to report on this at the URL level it makes this effort worthless.

I also would love to see movement on this, because it seems like this feature exists with no purpose at all? We are sending customer communications via Gainsight and I had set up Link Codes for our email templates hoping that we could get reporting/analytics on particular “buckets” of links (i.e., “blog post”). If we have to report on this at the URL level it makes this effort worthless.

@PavanCh pl see this thread

Under ConsiderationAcknowledged

I see this has been moved to acknowledged. Is there any plan to add this functionality? What is the intended purpose of the link codes without the reporting functionality?
Thanks

@sai_ram @nitisha_rathi any update on this?

Even as of Present Day, the “Link Code” is available in UI when configuring a Link in Template Builder, but it is confusing as there is no real functionality associated with it (such as Reporting, or for example using ‘Link Code’ in place of full URL in a JO Program / Conditional Wait.) 

@ssamarth 

@ecaldwell this is the exact same issue we are having. We’re trying to A/B testing two versions of an email to see which calls to action in the email are driving more clicks. We need to be able to report out on the unique URL click within each email version. No having the ability to report out on this is preventing us from leaning in to Journey orchestrator

Hello, is it not available for reporting? :-|