US Admin Office Hours (Thursday session) - 12/03/20 - 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET - Pre-session Thread

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our upcoming Thursday Admin Office Hours session on Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/253252739?pwd=RHl3ekk0RGN0ZFR3TmRkK1Zldks0QT09

Meeting ID: 253 252 739

Password: 864010

Dial by your location

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

888 475 4499 US Toll-free

877 853 5257 US Toll-free

Find your local number: https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/aQSPx2jXO

12 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Questions about JO program editing.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Also, I think Thursday is the 3rd?

Badge +2

What's your recommendation for clients who have firewalls preventing them from opening survey links for surveys 2.0 sent through jo?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello all - this session thread is for TODAY - Thursday, December 3 -- my error in posting (was out of office yesterday when I usually post so added a day out of habit).

I’ve updated the body - have to update the Subject Line shortly, but look forward to seeing you!

Scott

Badge

Hey Scott, 

I hope you had a great thanksgiving break :)

I wanted to revisit the Journey Orchestrator question from a few weeks ago.

Thanks,

Jasmine

I had questions about:

• how to update CTAs in Gainsight for Health Index
  • Real-Time Rules > Not showing
Badge +2

@sdrostgainsightcom , thanks for your help today! Just tried to find the documentation but could not. If you’re able to provide it that would great!

Hi Scott,

My internet just cut off. I will look at the JO documentation. Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello @ml2019  -- I’m currently striking out on tracking down how to build that URL - and concerned that the ability to do that may have changed since I last hit this use case.

About to jump on a call, but I’ll post internally to see what the current process is for displaying the URL as a text string that can be copied in an email - somehow tokenizing it, basically.

I’ll let you know what I find out!

Badge +2

Great, thanks so much for the update @sdrostgainsightcom ! Would love to get this wrapped up before our monthly survey send on Tuesday, but that may be a bit ambitious. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello @ml2019 !

Finally have an answer for you - it’s not the prettiest workaround, but it’ll get the job done for you (consulted with one of my colleagues about it who knows the back end of the setup).

Basically, in the “Create/Edit Email Templates” tab when where you create the Survey email template before adding it to the various Survey Programs you are sending out, you go into the “CODE” view of the template to see the full HTML of the email.

From there, you can copy the live survey token that’s used in the Survey Button or Link you’ve already added to the template, and then copy it into the email text down below as a hacked ‘token’.  

See my screenshots below - works like a charm per my tests - and let me know if you have questions!

Scott

Step 1:  Go to the Email Template and add the “Here’s the link to copy/paste into your browser” sentence (but DON’T add an actual token - you’ll be hardcoding this in during the next step)

Step 2: Click into the CODE view of the template, find the Survey live ‘token’ in the out-of-box Survey button or Survey link (whichever you used).

You can copy the HTML for this Survey live token and paste it where you need into the text where you need it:

Screenshots of what it will look like in the Program after you add it to the Template, and what the Preview will look like:

Finally, the live email I sent to my test email account from my test Gainsight org - it works!

Badge +2

Amazing! I’ll give it a test try, thank you @sdrostgainsightcom