Increased Frequency of Activities to SFDC Sync

Related products: CS Timeline

Given the strict guidelines of Activities only being synced once every 5 hours (or for less than 50 activities, once every 30 hours), it makes it difficult for non-Gainsight teams in organizations to view the activity of their CSMs (which has been a point of frustration).  I think it would be very useful to increase the frequency at which the Customer Activities are synced back to SFDC to allow for more up-to-date and accurate visibility.
Thanks for the feedback. The main intention of syncing activities in a gap of minimum 5hr was to reduce Salesforce API request calls so that we won't hit Salesforce governor limits.
Thanks for the feedback, Joshua!  What do you think would be an acceptable frequency for your customer? As Sandeep pointed out, we could eat into Salesforce api limits very quickly if we sync individual activities. 

Also, we are working on exposing activities directly through the Gainsight widgets. Would that to some degree address customer concerns around real-time visibility into what CSMs are doing?
The real-time need for leveraging Timeline more came up with another customer this morning.  In fact, the non real-time nature was viewed as a barrier to leveraging Timeline more in their instance.  Since some companies have lots of "API headroom", could we consider some configurability of these settings?  So then customers can balance between real-time/number of API calls, etc.
Valid point, Denise. In cases where we have room to maneuver and the customer wants us to adapt, we potentially should.
Any update on allowing configurability on sync settings to SF?
I have also been speaking with a customer who is showing concerns in the frequency of the Activities sync to SFDC. Do we have any updates on this question? I understand the need to reduce Salesforce API request calls so that we won't hit Salesforce governor limits but will there ever be a possibility to have at least an option for the the customer to sync more frequently if they would like?
This is important for us too. 

Especially, where users start to use Timeline and we might have less than 50 updates in 5h. This may lead users to lose confidence in this sync.

Can you clarify why API calls is an issue? I can see that this can be an issue if you are syncing all updates. But I would expect the sync to include only new or modified ones.
To provide a business case here for context: 

1. A new account is sold and a CTA is generated for the Onboarding team to do initial outreach.

2. The Onboarding team (Gainsight users) logs a call into Gainsight Timeline that says that they reached out to the customer to schedule the kickoff call. 

3. The Sales team (SFDC-only users) checks the Activity History on the Salesforce record later that day and does not see any indication that the Onboarding team has made contact with their new customer. So, they pick up the phone and escalate to management that their account has been overlooked. 
Increasing the frequency of the sync, even to hourly, would help reduce the confusion in situations like this... 
Hi Joshua, Sync timeline activities immediately: A new option is given in Fall release(28th Nov) for Admins to initiate an immediate manual sync from Administration > Activity Sync page is provided. Clicking this option will trigger a sync job immediately for all activities to either Salesforce Tasks or Events, as per your configuration. Once you click the Start Manual Sync option, the sync progress message appears. We also show the last synced date.
Hi, Happy to inform you that this is implemented and shipped in Fall release on 28th November, 2017. 

Thanks for posting! Your feedback matters, please continue posting!

You can find more details here