Question

Sally in Slack renders health scores as hex

• 6 September 2017
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
  • Gainsight Employee: ACE
  • 550 replies
When I retrieve the health score for a customer via Slack, since we have R/Y/G health scoring set up, the health score is rendered as a hex value 

12 replies

Hi, 

Thanks for reporting, I've forwarded this to our Sally team. They shall be fixing it. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Thanks, Azhar!
Hi Seth,

We are on it. Once it is done we'll update you. 
Hi Seth,

Fix has been provided. Please check and let us know if you still see this issue. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Thank you, Ankita! I would just say that the new version still has the colored side bar, but that may be too subtle for a first-time user who doesn't know what they're looking for. Also, if the summary is null, maybe it should simply be excluded? Or at least say "None" instead of "null", and take up one line instead of two.

Hi Seth,

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll discuss this with the team and get back to you. 
Hi Seth,

Agree with both the points. We can make the following changes:

1. Along with coloured side bar, we can include the 'Label' as well in the response.

2. If there is no summary then we will not display the summary at all. 

We will add these changes to our roadmap.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi folks,

I see that the score label has been added. However, this is confusing and misleading for our team:

• "80-100" doesn't mean anything to our team -- it's imply behind-the-scenes math that Gainsight is doing
  • Our "Login Days" metric is actually a number we compute, which is then scored into Red/Yellow/Green. So "80-100" is likely to make a CSM think, "The Login Days are between 80 and 100."
  • I would much rather that, instead of saying "80-100", it said "Green".
Also, it would be wonderful to expose the Score's Comment, if it isn't null. When setting the score, I insert useful underlying information into the Comment field:

Hi Seth,

Although 3 colours are used by default, the colours can be changed to one of the 12 colours available. Displaying by colour names as Green, Light Green, Lighter Green etc. might also be confusing and subjective. 

Instead, the default labels in the grading scheme can be modified to make it more meaningful to your users. For example, you can rename the label '80-100' as Green. Let me know if this approach works for you.

Regarding exposing the score's comments, we haven't done that as the response might become too verbose. We will consider this enhancement if we see more and more customers asking for this information.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Thank you, Rajesh. I didn't realize the scores could be renamed -- that's very helpful.

That's a very reasonable concern about the comments. FWIW, the other feature request that exists -- adding custom fields to Sally's "Summary" response -- would also address this issue for us.
I would prefer text of the health score to be the associated color -- the side bar is barely noticeable. Thanks
Hi Connor,

We are now displaying the measure label along with the coloured side bar. You can rename the label in the grading scheme (scorecard configuration) to your preference such as the associated colour and see the label in Sally response.

Thanks,

Rajesh