Dashboards Ability to Hide

Related products: None

Hi, 

We are starting to get a pretty decent number of dashboards within our environment. 

We see this continuing as we add various different roles using Gainsight.

One problem that we are starting to encounter is that admins (super users) see every dashboard on the dropdown list. 

We are looking to have a mechanism to “hide from drop down” so the more common dashboards don’t lose visibility. 

Hey Cody, 

Quick question when you say “admins (super users) are you referring to actual admins or individual CSMs who are power users? 

If you are looking to reduce the # of dashboards an end-user sees in their home section you can add permissions at the dashboard layout level to specific individuals based on need 

Hi @elliot_hullverson  - I am talking about actual admins not end users here. 

The use case is that we have dashboards that we don’t want visible on the drop down (specific to admins).

Thanks,

Cody

+1 on this. I have so many dashboards that I don’t want to delete but also don’t need to see in my dropdown list. Especially when I’m demo-ing something to CSMs or Execs, I really don’t need others to see all the Dashboards in my dropdown. It’s noisy!

I have in the past used a naming convention to hide stuff or move it around. You can do things like: 

• CSM - ABC Dashboard 1
  • CSM - ABC Dashboard 2
  • Exec - ABC Dashboard 1
  • Exec - ABC Dashboard 2
  • yDraft - ABC Dashboard
  • zReadyToPublish - ABC Dashboard

This has helped me to organize the list a bit. It adds a bit of sanity especially if you have different dashboards at different stages of development. Hope this helps in the meantime as a workaround. 

Hi  All,

I understand this problem, but one question:  

As an admin you would want to view dashboards overall to debug if needed, etc. as well right? How frequently do you  do that?