Option to turn off Add record option in 360

Related products: None

Currently it seems that the Add record option is available when we use a related list to display report(s) built off a low volume object. I would want to be able to control when that is visible. 

In order to allow joins most of our objects are all low volume, but that includes things like Opportunities and Contracts, which come from SFDC - and so we shouldn’t be allowing CSM’s to add their own in. 

@HollySimmons we are in process of redesigning the c360 and I remembering adding this to the backlog item. I will once again check with the product team and get back to you.Thank you for sharing this!!

Agreed @HollySimmons admin needs control on this option to hide for use-cases where it does not make sense. We are trying address this as part of the ongoing C360 Redesign.

+1

This button causes so much unnecessary confusion for users. Why was this forced to be available? I know the edit button on records is controlled by the GSID being in the report. I wish this had a similar hack or, better yet, toggle. 

I regret that I have but one upvote to contribute here. 

I regret that I have but one upvote to contribute here. 

https://youtu.be/j1ngEIxopUU 

Any update on where this is prioritized with the new 360?

Disregard ^. Confirmed this is not showing with the new design.

@Dheepak G to this thread

Disregard ^. Confirmed this is not showing with the new design.

@gopal_rao_kallepu I just noticed this today that I am seeing an “Add Record” button in the C360 Reports section on Low Volume Objects and for Salesforce Objects.

Is there a way to customize this and turn it off?

With the new c360 yes you can. Not with the existing/old c360.

With the new c360 yes you can. Not with the existing/old c360.

Great! Would you be able to share where this setting is?

I wasn’t able to find it after searching high and low, and it doesn’t appear to be in the documentation for configuring the Report section.

https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/07360/New_360_Experience/Admin_Guides/Configure_Reports_Section

https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/07360/New_360_Experience/User_Guides/Overview_of_C360%2F%2FR360_Sections_and_Widgets#Reports_Created_on_Low_Volume_Objects

Best,

Ben Wanless

Joining @benwanlessmenlo, I would definitely have use for prohibiting the ability of users to create records in low volume objects. I’d love to understand how to configure that.

When I first reviewed the low volume object on the new c360 design the “Add Record” button wasn’t visible. Now checking to respond to @benwanlessmenlo and seeing the “Add Record” button in addition to editing individual records.

Can someone from Gainsight chime in here? Comments in this post suggest it was solved with the new redesign and now it doesn’t appear to be.

Apologies for the confusion i’ve added. 😅 

When I first reviewed the low volume object on the new c360 design the “Add Record” button wasn’t visible. Now checking to respond to @benwanlessmenlo and seeing the “Add Record” button in addition to editing individual records.

Can someone from Gainsight chime in here? Comments in this post suggest it was solved with the new redesign and now it doesn’t appear to be.

Apologies for the confusion i’ve added. 😅 

IIRC “Add Record” appears when you include the GSID or ID field from your low volume object. I believe that is what allows you to permit users to add or edit records however it is all or nothing - I don’t believe you can remove the ID and allow edit but not create. Don’t take my word for it, but I think that’s the behavior. No actual direct way to toggle that “Add” button except for Person/People records.

This would be very useful, we have certain records that are intended to be purely read-only but it’s confusing for users and can cause accidents.