Dashboards - Churn Metrics

Related products: CS Reports & Dashboards

Building out widgets/containers in dashboards using equations. I know this isn't a capability currently but is this something that may be in the future? 

For example, it would be great if we could implement a widget to show churn % ... 

% Customer Churn  = (# of total customers who churned)/(# of total customers). Currently, we can't do that in dashboards because it is an equation, but I am really curious if this is something that has come up at all on the roadmap?

Thanks!
Josh - I'm looking for something similar. Were you able to get around this issue?

Is there any ideas or resources on dashboard or best practices?
Hi Currently on-the-fly formulas are not supported in Reporting. How ever its a very high priority item on our roadmap and will keep this thread updated as and when we take it up for development.

Thanks

Venky
Hi Josh, 

You can show a calculation in a widget today if you use an MDA table as the source object. Here's how:

1. Create a new data table to store the calculated values that you will be creating (you can do this using Gainsight's MDA - instructions here)

2. Create columns for the following fields: # of Total Customers, # of Churned Customers, Churn Percentage

1. # of Total Customers, # of Churned Customers - these fields will be copied over from the SFDC objects that contain this data (instructions on how to copy data using rules and how to aggregate using Bionic Rules)

2. Churn Percentage - This field will be formula fields in MDA (see these instructions on creating formula fields) - you can use basic arithmetic functions here
    Finally you can create reports by selecting the MDA object you created in step 1 

Thanks Dan, I appreciate this.