Customize timeline fields Sally can access

Related products: CS Timeline

I would really love the ability to customize what fields are available when logging a timeline activity through Sally. Our CSM's have quite a few activities to log by the end of the day, and they would love to do it all through Sally instead of clicking into each C360 page. However, we need them to log data in a custom field on the activity. Will it ever be possible to customize what fields a CSM can fill out through Sally instead of just the subject, date, time, note, and duration?
Hi Britton,

Thanks for your post.

Sally is constrained by the limitations of Slack's dialog forms. The Slack dialog forms support only up to 5 fields and the only data types supported are text, text area, and menu/picklist. As you know, Timeline currently requires 4 fields (Subject, Date, Time, Notes) as mandatory fields hence these fields have to be present in the form leaving room for only one more field. By default, the 5th field included in the form is 'duration'.

If you define a custom field as mandatory (possible now!) in Timeline then it will replace the field 'duration' in the form. This only works if the custom field is of the type text or menu/picklist. The catch is to define only 1 custom field as mandatory. If you define more than 1 field as mandatory then the activity type wouldn't even show up in Slack.

Please try this and let me know if this solves your need. 

Thanks,
Thanks for explaining why we can't add more fields to Sally and explaining what happens if you try to exceed the max number of five required fields. I can guarantee that at some point we would have marked six fields as required then flip out when the type was no longer available in Sally.

Do you know if Slack will increase the limitations of their dialog forms? If they do would Gainsight be likely to increase Sally's capabilities? I know if this does happen, it'll be a very long term update with two companies needing to make product enhancements, but I'm a bit of a dreamer sometimes.
To handle your underlying use case, Britton, your CSMs might like just as well using Global Timeline to log activities, once it's released. Apparently it's in the short-term roadmap: https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/create-activities-from-global-timeline
Hi Britton,

We are keeping a close watch on the enhancements made by Slack in different areas such as dialog forms. We will update the features accordingly. 

There could be ways such as chained forms (open another form with more input fields on submission of 1st form) to work around the Slack dialog form limitation. Depending on the complexity and level of interest from customers. We will explore this option as well. 

Thanks,
Being able to log activities from the global timeline will probably solve this issue, and we can't wait to see exactly how it works. However, we do have a couple of concerns. First, we need something right away, and don't want to plan our process around a feature that is still in development. And second, we will eventually have more people in our org logging activities who don't have access to Gainsight.
FYI - creating activities from Global Timeline is coming in this month's Release (dropping June 12) and it's available now in your sandbox org (if you have one that is opted in to receive release previews). 

@rajesh_gande Is there still a limitation on number of custom Timeline fields in Slack?

@cmultanen Slack has recently removed the limitation on the number of custom fields that we could support. Sally will be implementing this for both Timeline Activityand CTA creation soon. With this enhancement, there will be complete parity between Sally and the Gainsight application.