Reorder Actions in Rule List

Related products: None

Sometimes we create rules and the actions are what we need. After the rule is running for a while, we realize there needs to be another actions before the first one. Such as write 0 to all the fields and then update them.

However, you cannot currently reorder the actions in the list. This causes a problem when you have 10 actions on a rule. 

Ideally, I would be able to create the new action and then move it to the top. Even having a logic field where I could order the actions would be a benefit.

By having to remove the actions and recreate them, we introduce the opportunity for human error.
This is also true simply for organizational clarity. If I'm managing a rule with several groups of actions, then I'd love to group together all the ones for a certain type of action, or for a certain customer segment, or what-have-you. It makes it easier when I inevitably need to tweak them.
Yes please!
We are thinking of introducing reordering of actions in near future. Grouping not yet in thoughts but we will think on that line for the possibilities.
Thank you for the update Srinivas! 

This is top of mind for us right now as we are working on filling data for our Scorecards 2.0. There are things we are coming across we need to fix, and the resolution is as simple as rearranging the order of the actions. 

In the example I came across yesterday, I cannot the action of "Write 0 to this field" at the end of the list of actions as it will overwrite all the actions above.
Kicking this into an Idea so PMs has visibility into the issue and will be clear for tracking purpose.
Ditto! I just had need for this today.

Thankfully, I need ended up being the movement of a Action from first position to last position, so I was OK because I could delete the Action in position #1 and re-add it as the last action in the Rule. However, it dawned on me that had I needed to move from last to first instead, I would have been sunk.
I recently came across this use case the other day on behalf of a customer. Would be great to have the same type of drag and drop functionality that we have when configuring playbook tasks and C360 sections.
"Reordering actions in Rules Engine" is on the Bionic Rules backlog. We are shipping multiple dataset task actions with fall release. Reordering of actions is something that is being considered for one of the upcoming release(s). I will keep you posted on the same.
Hi,

This feature is implemented and is available from quite some time now.