Dashboard Subscriptions for Dashboards with Filters

Related products: CS Reports & Dashboards

We are loving the new subscriptions for dashboards!  However, we have several dashboards set up with filters at the dashboard level, and those don't appear to carry over to the subscription email.  For instance, we have a dashboard for Sales Cost Center so that you can filter the dashboard to the sales cost center you want to see the data for.  The subscription sends you all the dashboard data and doesn't allow you to apply the filter.  Could that be something that's added?
Hi Heather, Thanks for your feedback. This is something we absolutely plan to offer and expect for it be available with our next release in January. Thanks
Thanks, Gaurav!  I'll look for it in the January release.
Feature is live now. Marking this thread as implemented.
Hi Sumesh,

Could you explain how this works? I don't see an option to add the filter info to the subscription.
Hi Heather, Any dashboard filter or report filter you set in the dashboard will be honoured when creating the reports for export. Please let me know if this clarifies.

Thanks!
Hi Sumesh,

Thanks for the clarification.  That makes sense, but doesn't work for our purposes.  So, for example, we have 4 Success Leaders.  Ideally, I'd like to create one dashboard, and then, use the filters to email them each the details for their teams.  It sounds like the subscription will send based off of what the filters are at the moment, correct?

So, my idea would be to have the filter pull over to the subscription set up page, and have the ability to set it there for the subscription.
This is an exact issue I am trying to resolve right now.

We have a "CSM Reports to Me" field with a formula that does a lookup to the CSM's reporting hierarchy, so even if a manager 2 levels above the CSM pulls up the dashboard it will only reflect the CSMs that fall into her reporting structure.

When we email the dashboard, that filter needs to be carried through so that she only receives the data for CSMs that report up to her.
Makes Sense! I'll add this enhancement request to the roadmap.
Hi Sumesh,

Do you happen to have an ETA on this? My leaders are eager to their dashboards pushed to them. 🙂
Would it also be possible to send dashboards to "Current Users"? if a dashboard's filter has CSM = "Current User", can the dashboard be filtered for the person who receives the email?
Hi Sumesh,

Any insight into where this is on the roadmap? It would be great to be able to send filtered dashboards via CoPilot.

Thanks!
Also looking for an update
Also looking for an update
+1 on the ability to send dashboards with filters that are set to "Current User"
I've reopened this thread and added the current product manager for comment on the enhancement to email dashboards with filters set to "current user." This came up in the customer release webinar yesterday too.
And not just if CSM = "Current User" but any global filter that may be applied to the dashboard.
According to our documentation we still don't have a way to email dashboards internally that respect filters for a single CSM or just the "current user's data" (for example). Is this on our Product Roadmap?  Also, can other Global Dashboard Filters be set up to be respected for emailing purposes?  Thanks!

We’ve created a dashboard that our management teams would like to have emailed to them weekly, with the filters on the dashboard set to only show their teams data. According to this thread, it’s not available, so we may need to create 6 separate versions of the dashboard if we want to be able to email it out. This is not preferable given that we don’t want to have to maintain 6 versions of the dashboard. Do we have any updates on whether the option to apply a filter for each recipient will be available?