S3 Error and Archive Timestamp format

Related products: None

Relatively small request, but can we change the format of the time stamp?  As I scroll through old files, the years get intertwined and my eyes go crossed.

CURRENT FORMAT: *FILENAME* MM-DD-YYYY

PROPOSED FORMAT: *FILENAME* YYYY-MM-DD

I think it will be easier to quickly find the most recent file that was uploaded as I troubleshoot things.  Or to find any file I might need to dig out of the archive.
Christopher,

I recently started going through all of the unanswered or unresolved problems and questions here. Did you try using S3 ingest via Bionic Rules? It is more powerful than S3 connector and supports dynamic file names as well. We shall be deprecating S3 connector and S3 via Rules is the way forward.Let me know if you have questions.

Regards,

Jitin

That's unfortunate to hear. Do you have a timeline on that deprecation Jitin? Will there be any auto-conversion of existing jobs? Will Post-file upload be a selectable event option? or will we have to use a scheduled time?

Brad,

We do not have any timeline of deprecation yet. Please be assured that we will not deprecate S3 connector unless we have an automated solution of migrating existing S3 jobs to S3 via Rules. Post-file upload is an option available in Rules for S3 ingest. S3 ingest via Rules has all the capabilities of an S3 connector with additional capabilities like :

1. It supports files of sizes upto 6 GB

2. Dynamic File names eg. file name with a date pattern

3. You do not need to load raw data into a custom object. The data can be transformed into a desired form before you load it into a custom object.

4. If such a rule is added to a rule chain, the subsequent processes can be executed via other rules in the rule chain.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Please refer to the following doc for more details:

https://support.gainsight.com/Rules_Engine/Admin_Guides/S3_Dataset_Task_in_Bionic_Rules

Regards,

Jitin