More Clarity Around Removing Ranking In Reporting

Related products: CS Reports & Dashboards

I am logging this post for anyone trying to remove the "Ranking" Option in a Report after its been applied.

Initially, I didn't think it was possible to remove the ranking... BUT there is a way. In the upper right-hand corner of the box there is an "X". While I am happy that you can remove this ranking, we might want to replace this "X" with a "remove ranking" link/button. The positioning of this X leads one to believe that it is simply a "close this window" and isn't intuitive to the user to let them know they can remove this ranking in the event that they wanted to. 

Definitely ran into this too!
Mind. Blow.  Is this capability new?  I swear I've asked about this before and was told just to put 2000 in the show amount because it couldn't be 'unranked'.

Missy, it was probably me who told you to do that :) 
Thanks for this!   Agree - the "X" should say 'remove ranking' or be something other than the icon commonly understood as "Close window"
Huh, so that's how you remove it.  Woohoo! Time to go make some changes in my reports!  Thanks Steve!
Mind blown. I would [i]never have thought that was a remove ranking button. We at least need a hover tool tip on this.
Thanks for the feedback, J! I will have the docs team work on adding a tooltip here.
The Product team is working on improving the UI here for a release in the next few months.
This will be addressed in the Oct. 16 release of v5.19.
Hi All, this is implemented in October release. 

Previously, when you clicked X in the top right corner of the Ranking window, it removed/cleared the previously applied Ranking. But now, when you click X, it closes the Ranking window and when you click CLEAR, it removes the previously applied "Ranking".

Please refer release notes for more information.

Thanks for bringing this up!