Support KPI widget in Data Designer

• 17 November 2021
  • 3 replies

I would like to be able to create a dashboard off of a DD report set, that includes KPI Widgets. 

Currently, when trying to set KPI Widget as the report visualisation, I get an error message stating something went wrong. Milan, from the Gainsight Support L2 team, confirmed that KPI widget was added newly in reporting revamp. However, you currently don't have support for it in the data designer explore screen. He requested me to log it as a request here.

My workaround for the time being is the left report in below screenshot - while all I want to show is the report title and the one figure of in this case 853

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

+1 This would be a very nice feature to add to Data Designer!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Jelle 

We can build KPI report on the data present in Data Designer today when we add it to a dashboard. The way to build it is to go to report builder after we publish a design and using that published design as a source. 

We do not support KPI report in the explore page of Data Designer and have plans to support it as we go forward. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I just found this - may I recommend then removing the button in DD explore until the feature is actually supported?