Allow lookup by ID in queries, reports, and data management

Related products: None

Our sales ops team has been merging accounts, which is leaving me with legacy IDs over in MDA. That, in turn, is causing failures in rules when trying to update those (now missing) account records.

What's frustrating is that I can't find a way to query any of my MDA tables by that ID. I have a unique 18-digit SFDC ID and every time I try to filter by that value I'm forced to enter the account name. But I don't know it, that's what I'm trying to look up!

My suggestion is that the lookup functionality (type the customer name) be limited to when the NAME value is used. If a report builder selects the ID value, they probably mean it. At a minimum, I'd like to be able to filter on that value from within Data Management which is (obviously) the underlying data and accessible only by those with ultimate power and control. 😉
@rakesh - wanted to make sure you saw this thread.

I’m surprised this doesn’t have more traction. I’m trying to look up some SFDC User IDs in our User table, but I can’t do it because the filter is asking me to search a name. Why?? At least let me toggle whether I want to search for a name or for the ID itself. In this case, I don’t know the name(s), hence why I’m trying to filter on the IDs.

YES! I feel this pain regularly too

I’ve recently been doing analysis on duplicate accounts and if two accounts share the same name, it’s impossible to know which is the one with the Account ID I’m searching for if both the duplicates are shown only by Name

I believe you can switch an equal-to operator for a “contains” to work around this, but it is annoying.