Question

Tracking Revenue Generation (Customer Success Qualified Leads)

• 14 March 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
My goal is to associate cross-sell, up-sell or any type of increase in revenue (via Opportunity) to our Customer Success team & I'm looking for ideas from various use cases where you teams have made this a reality. In whatever case I need something to link back to that specific opportunity (i.e. Opportunity ID in SFDC) to be able to pull in financials. 

Our initial thought would be to simply add a "CS Sourced" field on the Opportunity Info object in SFDC so that could be manually checked when appropriate, however our SFDC admins are reluctant to continue to crowd that object with fields (still fighting that battle).

Reaching here for a solution - is there any way to utilize the Customer Info object to have fields linked to an Opportunity rather than the account object? Thanks in advance!

5 replies

Hey Jake!  I would recommend using Opportunity CTAs with Linked Opportunity Objects.  This would allow you to run reports that would show a CS CTA that generated the Opportunity.

Userlevel 4
Badge
Awesome, Tim. Thanks for referring us to this. We have not utilized this feature yet, but would be a great use case.

Scenario: Our CSM's do not create the opportunities in SFDC & that responsibility lies on the AE. Let's say that an expansion opportunity has been identified, but it has not been created in SFDC for one reason or another (this could some time from the initial discovery). Are the CSM's able to open a CTA without directly linking to that opportunity at step 1, then down the line once the opp is created update the CTA by linking it to the existing opportunity? Let me know if you follow.
Hey Jake - Yep, your CSMs could create the Opportunity CTA and then go back later to link an opportunity that your AE creates: 

Userlevel 4
Badge
Sweet I'll play around and bring back my findings. Thanks again!
Badge
Hi Jake,

For more details, refer this documentation.