Show Task Output in Bionic Rule Results Excel Sheet

Related products: None

Troubleshooting a bionic Rule, or just confirming that it's working as you want it to, is a real bother. The Excel sheet that I receive as a result of running the Rule does not include the outputs of each individual Task. Custom Rules do include the data set that comes out of the Setup Rule step and gets handed to the Setup Action step.

For the Fetch Tasks, I can view equivalent results by creating separate Reports that match the logic. However, that's time-consuming, especially if I'm tweaking the Fetch Tasks over and over to get them just right. And then, the results of the Transform/Pivot/Merge Tasks are completely invisible.

For example, I'm using a Bionic Rule to filter MDA data and join it to Account data. It would help me to confirm that the MDA data is being fetched accurately if I could add a few Show Fields from the Account data in the Merge Task, to see them next to the MDA data, even though those Show Fields will not ultimately be used in the "Set Score" Rule Actions. I can go ahead and add them as Show Fields, sure, but there's nowhere in the Rule output Excel doc where I can [i]view them.

Even if I can't see the results of each individual Task, it would be great to be able to see the final output of the entire flow of Tasks, so I can see which data is being handed to the Setup Action step. For example, that would let me see whether certain aggregated data is coming through with zeros or with nulls.
Hey Seth - have you tried using your S3 Connector to export each task?  I've found that while it's still a bit cumbersome (you have to do a test run of the entire rule), it still provides some good insights.
Seth - Are you looking for the download of all the task output or just the last task output? The last task output is available under the execution logs of every rule run as a link from where you can download.

We are planning to give an option when you run the rule in manual or test mode you will have the choice to get the output of all the tasks. This is part of the backlog, I'll keep you posted on when this will be released.
Yes. You can check the option to export to S3 the task output and you will be able to download from that S3 location.
Thanks Katie & Sundar! I don't currently have an S3 environment -- does that need to be set up separately and then connected to Gainsight with an Integration, or do I get an S3 environment along with Gainsight, just like I get an MDA?
Ideally I'd be able to see all the Tasks, but the last output is definitely useful. Didn't realize that it was tucked away in the execution logs -- that's great. Thanks for offering to loop me into when that item makes its way through the backlog!
You have a Gainsight provisioned bucket which you can use for exporting the intermediate task output
I would like to second this item as a high priority as the idea is to have the results of each task show in separate tabs so that the results of running a complete bionic rule would be easy to troubleshoot because the outcomes of each task would show in each tab sequentially. Anyone please post your use cases below in the comments and like this post if you support this feature.
Hi Samuel and Seth,

Preview and Download of each dataset task results is planned and prioritized for fall release. I will further keep you posted on this.

Regards,

Jitin