Solved

Filtering contacts based on previously received outreaches

• 20 December 2016
  • 7 replies

Hello!

Curious if there is a way within CoPilot to narrow down our Power List based on previously sent outreaches.

When building a Power List, within the "Which meets the additional criteria from Contacts" section, we would like to be able to select an option to designate whether a contact has received a specific previously sent message (which, currently, all outreaches are stored within the 'Activity History' section on their respective Salesforce page -- please see example below).

For example, we would like to be able to say the following:

Activity equals Welcome to SPS Commerce!

('Welcome to SPS Commerce' being the subject line of the outreach)

Let me know if this makes sense or if I can help clarify any of the above!

Thank you,

Melissa
icon

Best answer by abhishek_sivaraman 16 August 2017, 07:25

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think the only way you could associate the Contact and Contact Activity History is if you build the powerlist off of a Data Space, but the "Which meets the additional criteria from Contacts" section doesn't pull in Data Spaces I don't think.  That would be a good enhancement request.
Hi Jeff!

How would I submit an enhancement request for this?

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You kinda just did 🙂  Hopefully someone from Product Management will respond to this and either A) explain that I'm wrong and tell you how to do what you're asking or 😎 will help convert this Question over to an Idea (which is the target category for enhancement requests on the Community.)

Hope that helps!
Ah okay! Thank you so much!
Userlevel 5
Hey Melissa,

Is you list of contacts for both the outreaches same?

If yes, then export the list of contacts reached out in Outreach1 from "Email logs" from Report Builder. While creating this report use appropriate filter like Batch Name = Outreach Name and Opened = 1 etc.

Create a new powerlist on Email logs using CSV option  and you can trigger the second outreach. 

Use the new powerlist for the second outreach.

We are building a new feature "Advanced outreach" keeping in my mind the follow-up usecases which will make above scenario simpler.
Sundar, if I understand you correct, this isn't a dynamic list. How can we do what is being asked but in the system? Our drip campaign runs daily looking for all customers X days since go-live, and sends them one of 3 emails. I want to setup login to send email 3 if 1 or 2 wasn't sent, is this possible?
Hi,

With this summer release, we are introducing email chain as a model within Advanced Outreach for running drip campaigns based on a condition. This will help in addressing the use case of not sending emails to a contact if they have already recieved a email kind of use cases.

Thanks

Abhishek S