Conditions in email template

Related products: None

We'd like to send monthly activity summary email to customers. As part of that we're looking to format parts of the email based on the users activity, e.g. where there's improvement vs. previous month show encouraging text with green font and a cheerful image, whereas if there's no improvement display something else. 

So, it would be great to be able to use conditions in the email template. Otherwise the only existing option is use the variation feature, but if you have several 'conditions' in the email this gets too complicated to manage (you'd need to have a variation per every combination of condition results).
We are working on a similar initiative and I like this use case! I can absolutely see the value in this.
Hi Amit,

Thanks for sharing this use case. As you said , we currently only have the variant approach to solve this issue. We will evaluate similar asks from customers and try to come up with an approach which will address this use case.

Thanks

Abhishek S
Hi Abhishek,

There are many combinations of the use case outlined doesn't make variants an option because it only allows a check on one field.  Even if it allowed checks on multiple fields this wouldn't be a practical approach as you would have to setup every combination separately.

How I have seen this done in other products is to allow IF/ELSE statements within the template/outreach where you allow for a conditional check on one field.  If the condition is TRUE then you show the text line in the email.  If the condition is FALSE you show a different line or just allow it to show nothing.

I wanted to provide this to you as an approach to solve this requirement for Gainsight customers.  We have had many requests from business that require this feature that we have not been able to implement for the business.

Thanks,

~Jeff
I'd like to vote on this times 1,000! It is becoming increasingly important to us to include content based on the product the client has purchased. Variants just don't meet this need for us because the variations are too complex. Like Jeffrey, I have seen other programs do this with filters at the section level.

This would be extremely valuable for us.

Thanks,

Elizabeth

Hi Abhishek,

Like Jeff and Elizabeth, I don't think variants really solve the use case. Support for if/else conditions within the template would be super valuable.

Thanks for looking into it. 

Amit
Updated idea statusImplementedAcknowledged