Question

[Ask from Customer] To have Tool-tip/Help-text as like in Salesforce inside Gainsight instances while using it

• 26 March 2018
  • 6 replies

In Sales force we have tool-tip/help-text populates in form of "i" while adding/updating any field or performing operations. For example, we are adding the sales force field in C360 at that time customer would like to see the same tool-tip/help-text value in Gainsight. Are we planning to have such mechanism in our products?

Above snapshot from my local Org. Please share your thoughts on this.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Yes! I posted similar this weekend:  https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/allow-field-level-descriptions-in-reports-and-on-la...

Maybe these can be combined?
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Yes to both!  My boss was asking about this a few weeks ago!  As it would better help newer uses to Gainsight understand the fields.  Votes for all! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
In our own product, our Professional Services team is able to use Pendo to build custom tooltips that display in our app for that single customer (I know Gainsight is also a Pendo customer.) The customer isn't able to manage them directly, but the maintenance is built into the cost. So, it's not good to use for every last thing, but it's great to use for those items that you expect people to use on a regular basis, and where you're trying to get your team familiar with what it is and why it's useful to them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
@Seth,Thanks!

@Hitesh, we are in process of collecting the UI-feedback tomover come the difficulties and give you the fastest flow. we will definitely consider your request.

Thanks for posting here!

This overlaps with this feature - 

From what I can tell - this is already present in Gainsight NEXT for company attribute fields (via field description); but not yet present for all fields (for example - I can’t see how to add a description to success plan fields.) 

From what I can tell - this is already present in Gainsight NEXT for company attribute fields (via field description); but not yet present for all fields (for example - I can’t see how to add a description to success plan fields.) 

We’re also looking to add pop-up field descriptions for Success Plans. Would love to see this as a new feature!