Solved

Reputation Score

• 1 April 2016
  • 5 replies

Can someone provide some additional information on how a reputation score is calculated, and at what thresholds does it become impactful on the execution/performance of outreaches?
icon

Best answer by lila_meyer 5 April 2016, 18:37

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Reputation score calculation is automated based on the # of spam reports and # of bounces VS the total # of emails sent. Gainsight email service is configured to maintain this at optimum level by

1) Bounces are added to the master blacklist maintained by Gainsight and make sure future emails to that address is not attempted.

2) Spam reports are added to the unsubscribed list automatically.

The usual behavior observed with most of Gainsight customers is that they would start with low score since their contact list is initially dirty but within few outreaches it would improve. The problem is minimal for Gainsight because the recipients are customers and not prospects. The average reputation of Gainsight customers is 98/100.

When there is a problem of low reputation, we get in touch with you via our CSM.
Sundar, let's please add a support article if not already. thx
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This info is also in the Gainsight Email Activation support article.
Badge +1
Hi Lila - 

In that article "Rule to Manage Subscription Preferences" there is an image of what the customer sees after clicking on the "Manage your subscription preferences here" link in an email. I haven't seen the "why are you opting out" section in our subscription preferences before. Is this new?

Also, we're not currently triggering outreaches from the rules engine. Is there another way to mark an email as operational and ignore the unsubscribes list of customers?

Thanks in advance!

Lauren
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Lauren,

I'm afraid I have to defer to our product manager for your question. I think the subscription preferences were modified somewhat a few months ago.