Solved

Pull a report for all 'Skipped' emails in a CoPilot Outreach

• 31 January 2018
  • 18 replies

We pushed out an outreach this morning, and there were quite a few bounces and skipped emails:

I'd like to create a report that lists out all of the contacts that were skipped or bounced, so that our CSMs can update our Salesforce records. However, I can only run a report for hard and soft bounces and 'rejected' emails in the Report Builder:

As you can see, I am only getting the 50 bounces. How can I get the 122 'skipped' emails too? Am I missing an obvious filter in my report?!

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by abhishek_sivaraman 16 April 2018, 16:21

View original

18 replies

Badge
Hey Will.  We struggle with this same challenge.  Gainsight doesn't currently write skipped emails to their email logs and this is the reason why it is not reportable.  We spend about 30 minutes each day reviewing all the skipped emails from all the Outreach results lists and manually chattering the CSM team on these.  Here is a link to a community post where I have requested the same ability:

https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/ability-to-act-on-emails-that-were-not-sent-from-co...
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi Jeffery, With the Winter release we are giving the Snapshot view, where users can view the number of participants that are currently in each stage of the Outreach. May be this would help in saving your time. 
Badge
Will this be accessible in MDA and allow for automation to notify CSM directly?
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Example of Snapshot view 

Users can click the number of participants to view the list of participants that have passed through each step of the AO. This view of participants is similar to the Participant Activity view

Badge
Thanks for the visual.  I understand how this works. 

However what we need here is the ability to report on this from the database or even better setup a bionic rule with this data so that we can automatically message the CSM to correct contact integrity.
Badge
Can we have this ability with standard outreaches too?
@Rai thanks for your reply, however unfortunately that doesn't solve my problem. I am currently able to pull reports for contacts who are at every other stage, apart from Skipped. What I really need is the ability to pull a report for people at that stage so that CSMs can update their contact lists accordingly. The number is not useful in this sense.
Badge +3
Thanks for the response Sai! 

I'm struggling with similar issues to others on this thread. I currently have a CTA where the rule queries Email Logs to find bounced emails so that someone on our team can intervene manually to follow-up, update contact information, etc. 

This process breaks down whenever the email is skipped. Having skipped emails be logged in MDA (preferably in-line with other events in Email Logs) would both give admins better visibility into Copilot performance via reports, as well as the ability to write rules based on event of emails being skipped.
Hi All,

Completely understand the need for this and we are planning to address this as part of the short term roadmap in advanced outreach. As part of each execution we intend to store the potential participants who did not make it to the advanced outreach due to unique criteria, advacned criteria, bounced emails or other reasons.

Thanks

Abhishek S
Thanks Abhishek that's good to know - will that functionality be available in a normal (i.e. not advanced) outreach any time soon?
Badge +3
Thanks for the response Abhisheck! Would the functionality extend to Outreach (as opposed to AO) as well? We're still using a fair number of Outreaches because we to send operational emails that can't be opted out of. 
Hi Will,

Unfortunately No. But what we are working on is the ability to send operational emails from Advanced Outreach. Tentative timeline is within the next 2 to 3 months.

Thanks

Abhishek S
Badge
So what is the long term roadmap for standard outreaches? I'm worried that they will slowly fade out and eventually be deprecated entirely. Advanced outreaches are good for chains of emails and events, but we still need standard outreaches for single events (especially in one off situations). We haven't moved entirely to advanced outreaches even for some of our chained processes because they are not editable once they are published therefore leaving no room for human error. Can you calm my fears on fading out standard outreaches?
Hi,

The long term plan is to definitely to consolidate and have one product which can be used to send single step campaigns and multi step campaigns. The long term benefits are significant with respect to this.

The ability to edit sources post publish is something which we want to do for advanced outreaches as well and will be introduced. Are there other such issues which are preventing you from using AO? If so , please share so that we can help address the same.

To allay your fears , any sort of deprecation will be taken only when we have a clear plan and utilities available for helping you migrate over to the latest version of the product(one click migration like we did for email templates 1.0 to 2.0). So , rest assured you will be able to migrate your processes from outreaches to advanced outreaches and have one product rather than two products which does similar capabilities. I will keep you posted with respect to the plans here.Nothing to worry as of now. Its business as usual and you can continue to configure outreaches or AO based on your needs. But we strongly recommend to use AO and share feedback to help bridge the gaps.

Hope this addresses your concerns.

Thanks

Abhishek S
Badge
With outreaches being a major part of our current customer success plan I am nervous about any change, but what you said does give me some hope that we will have the help and support we need to make the change.
Thanks Britton. We will ensure that you dont face any issues here. One help though - Are there other issues which are preventing you from using AO? If so , please share so that we can help address the same.
Badge +3
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Skipped emails need to be logged somewhere, anywhere.

This is an idea that doesn't seem to have gotten much traction, but this is really hurting our ability to rely on Outreach. https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/have-skipped-emails-recorded-somewhere

We have operational communications that we send through outreach, and not being able to surface skipped emails via rules or reporting is affecting our ability to track and manage important communications (e.g. upcoming renewals outreaches)
Badge
The biggest issue is editing different parts to it after publishing. We would also like the ability to quickly add a participant who was either dropped from the list or normally wouldn't meet the programmed filters.